𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬=𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

᯾short story᯾

"𝙸 𝙲𝙰𝙽 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚆𝙴 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙽𝙰 𝙱𝙴 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂"                                     -𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐬

𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙽𝙰 𝙱𝙴 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂"
-𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐬

𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟑

"this is going to be fun. it'll be out of your comfort zone" my friend, jennifer, smiles at me. i looked at her with a blunt facial expression. i didn't want to lie and say that i volunteered to come to this party. it was, what you call... charity work, plus she wouldn't shut up about it. at all.
she complained all week at school about it, and some of the people around her wasn't helping either talking about it like it was going to be the best thing to happen.

thomas was one to throw parties a lot and i would say from what i heard, they weren't the best. it consisted of the popular kids who thought they were party animals and brought the life everywhere they went because of their social class but really, they just had bland personalities and show offs.

not to brag but if i actually decided to go to a party, i would definitely be the one to keep it going, but i wouldn't do that because they don't deserve me. unless of course, charity work.

"what if i don't want to get out of my comfort zone?" i reply to her statement. she didn't say anything, only looked at me.

"four stages" i held up the number with my fingers. what are the four stages you may ask? it's my boredom meter. when it reached four, i'm leaving and never coming back. one being a small warning, either do something cool or it will rise. it may seem like i'm not easy to impress, but it's true. i'm not very easy to impress. your bar raises higher and higher over the years.

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞

i stayed in the kitchen most of the time. i looked inside the cooler for a drink but only saw bottles of beers. i grabbed one out of curiosity and opened it taking a sip from it without any thought. my scrunched up and i slowly but quickly spit it back into the bottle. after i did so i only held it for a minute or two longer till some random guy came up to me sweaty and breathing heavy.

"hey, you gonna drink that?" he pointed to the brown bottle. i looked at the bottle than back to him. "no"

"can i have it?"

i stayed quiet for a few seconds looking at him before outstretching my arm and handing it to him. he thanked me and walked off taking a drink from it. "damn..." a guy beside me says as he saw what just just happened. "couldn't be put to waste" i shrugged my shoulders and picked up a strawberry taking a bite off of it.