first greetings

honestly i just love the way jean and scott meet so i just thought...why not do it with the reader and warren and change some things 🙈

the bells rang through out the large school. students entered the halls filing it with chattering and footsteps. at the time, professor x was showing around the new kids, warren and ororo.

"—and that's the end of the tour. if you have any questions you can come visit my office any time"

"thank you" warren took a step back. bumping into someone knocking their books around of their hands. they shot their hand out causing vines to come from them and wrap about the books before bringing them back into the person's arms.

"i'm sorry, i didn't see you" warren apologized after watching them do what they just did.

"it's alright. there isn't much to see" they responded with a light chuckle at the end. "y/n, these are our new students. warren and ororo, maybe you could get to know each other better than what they experienced just now?" professor gave a sweet smile.

"yeah, that wasn't a very good first impression i'm sure" she glanced at warren before walking away.

"she's not a people person is she?" ororo asked. professor shook his head, following with a 'no'. warren looked back at her as a red head started to walk with her.

"what does she do?" warren asked. "control plants? cause i just saw a vine come out of her hand" he added on.

"not as weird as lightning" ororo pursed her lips before walking away. "i don't know, why don't you talk to her for yourself" professor gave him a smile before leaving.

"he's totally your type" jean commented. y/n had told her what happened earlier in the hallway about the new kids. "whatever" she blew off the conversation. "come on. you have to get in the relationship scene one day and he is your perfect chance"

"oh a perfect chance to date someone and get heart broken along the run. totally tubular" y/n sarcastically responded. "plus i don't have time to talk to people. i have to practice my walk half of the day"

"you always say that but in reality you practice for an hour and sleep in your room for the rest of the day and when you wake up you repeat" jean exposed raising  her eyebrows at her.

"you suck" y/n chuckled lightly throwing a fry at her.

it was end of the day. the time where all of the big kids went to go train to learn to control their powers. y/n got there an hour early to practice something she thought of that would be helpful during battles. it was to walk on her vines that she grew. of course it took balance and concentration—which she was horrible at since she could barely walk on two feet without tripping at some point and the other reason being she gets distracted by a lot of things. it could be the littlest thing, like a particle of lint floating in the air.

the training room was empty so this gave her time to practice before everyone showed up. she started at the end of the room taking a deep breath before having a  light running start before steeping on the growing vine beneath her; stepping on the ones in front of her as the grew higher and higher.

she smiled letting out a victorious laugh as she was getting better. she was going to try and turn left when she heard the door open, causing her to lose concentration and look to see who is was.

"oh" warren said in sudden surprise as to what he was seeing. "oh hello-woah" she let out as she began to lose her balance eventually falling and landing into a pile of flowers that she quickly grew. warren flew over to her, helping her back at up.

"i'm sorry i made you fall. i didn't know anybody was in here" he apologized. "it's fine. you just came in time cause training is about to begin. if you're wondering, training is basically to help you control your powers"

"ohh. so why are you taking it? you seem pretty fine"

"well, not really. i can lose my control at some points. my power can control me more than i can control it, you might say"

"well, don't choke me with one your vines alright?" he joked. "can't promise that" she joked back but earned a serious face from him. "kidding...i was only kidding" she assured him patting his shoulder and walking away as the other students started to come in.

"you okay there?" y/n asked walking up him as warren was out of breath after training. "yeah" he wheezed. she laughing crossing her arms. "everything is fine, you're not dying. didn't you fight back in germany?" she started walking towards the exit, him following after.

"yeah. regular fighting" he answered immediately after. "don't worry. it gets harder" she teased.

"really?!" he exclaimed with a shocked expression. "i'm messing with you" she laughed. he playfully rolled his eyes with a annoyed sigh.

"don't worry, in no time you're going to be used to me annoying you" she nudged his shoulder. his lips tugged up into a small smile, knowing that she just declared they were friends now.