𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎

"𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙽 𝚄𝙿𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂, 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚈 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙳 𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝙴𝙻𝙻 𝚄𝚂 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚆𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚄𝙻𝙳 𝙻𝙾𝚂𝙴"
-𝙱𝚄𝚉𝚉𝙲𝚄𝚃 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽; 𝙻𝙾𝚁𝙳𝙴

a year later

y/n's breath hitched as she felt a hand grab her arm. "sorry" her co-worker, bryson, apologized letting his arm slip away. "i was just wondering if you wanted to go out with my friends and i tonight? to the movies?" he asks watching y/n look up at the tv on the wall that was showing the news about inmates breaking out. she sighed and picked up the remote changing the channel not caring about the news. "you're still kind of jumpy..are you sure you're ready to be back at work?"

"it's been a year" y/n turned to him with furrowed eyebrows. "yeah...yeah i know. i just thought like...that's a lot to take in you know" he tried to find the right words to say but y/n just watched him waiting.
the bell at the door signaled as a man walked in with his head down. she glanced at him then returned her gaze to bryson. "yeah i know," she finished the topic he was talking about. "it's okay and i'm okay, everything's gonna be alright. now shoo" she waved him off. she watched him leave before looking at the customer she had.

"hi, what can i get you?" she asked nicely. "a water for now" his voice said. "no problem," she turned around to grab a water from the cooler. "for now huh? is your day not going well?"

"you could say that" he shrugged. "want to talk about it?" she tries to make conversation with him. "it's better not to, love" he taps his fingers on the counter.

"love'

the nickname gave her nostalgia and memories of when ben used to call her that. she missed ben and hoped to see him again. she wasn't allowed to make visits and she deep down that they weren't going to let him out. she just like to have the hope inside her that he'll be let out one day.

but she was unaware of who she was talking to.

"what about your day? how's everything for you?" he says. "for the day part? it's going fine...other than being babied by my co-workers," she playfully rolled her eyes with a side smile. "for the everything part?" she raises off of the counter and turns around toward the bottles of alcohol and juices. "it's been...indescribable" she sighed. ___  looked up at y/n taking in her appearance. even though she was turned away from him, he could vividly picture her face and emotion as she was talking to him. she did a quick turn back to him causing his head to fall back down the small shot glass below him wanting to hide his face.

"people always asking me questions. being know as a hostage—well it really wasn't a hostage it was more like...being held away from people...which i guess you would call a hostage—anyways" she sadly chuckled. "i met this guy...in exact spot on a saturday night. we...got to know each other, hung out a few times you could say," she smirked. "for a long time. seven months. then i fell in love with him. i never admitted it to anyone, and i didn't want to tell him because i wasn't sure if the feeling was real or not and i never put any mind to it," she told the man in front of her just rambling what she's been wanting to talking about for a year not even caring who it was, or who was listening.
he listened. taking in every word she said. every tone she put into them. he looked up through his lashes to get a look at her as she was zoning out while still talking. a tiny smile appeared on his shadowed face that came from his hat.

"it wasn't until the last minutes i looked at him, when i knew i loved him. i would say he loved me too, but at the same time i wouldn't say he didn't cause maybe he didn't like me in that way, and he just wanted me safe from any trouble. i don't know how he's doing now but i hope he's  doing fine...." she came out of her daze glancing at him getting a small glimpse of his eyes and getting a full look at his face. she continued to stare at him as she felt like she was hallucinating.

"but other than that," she slowly took her gaze off of him. "my cat ripped up my clothes so i have to get some new ones for work"

___ let out a chuckle getting her attention. "what? he's really bad" she defends.

"you changed from a deep, heart filled topic to a topic about your cat" he comments. "oh," she smiled. "it's a talent of mine—changing topics"

it was silent for a few seconds before he looked at the clock seeing it was time for him go. "i guess it's my time to go," he gave her a hundred. "the drink was only ten" she look down at the paper. "keep the change" he walked out into the outside going around the building into an alleyway.

"—step on my foot one more fucking time"

"where did you even get that?"

"i stole it. where else?"

___ whistled at the group in front of him. they stopped and looked at him regaining their posture. "did you find them?"

"uhh yeah yeah i did" one replied. ___ waited for the rest to come out as he just watched. "oh, mexico. new mexico"

"mexico??" two other ones said at the same time with confusion evident on their faces. "we can get—was that a police car?" ___ looked around the corner and went back signaling them to hide beside the dumpster.

"time to learn spanish"

"shut up" ___ whispered annoyed.

"police are on the search of the major prison escape in california. they are on the search of these five inmates. if you have any sightings, contact immediately"

"dang...." someone says in a low voice. "YO OSCAR! ___ WAS ARRESTED?!"

"he was arrested a year ago dumbass" oscar responds walking into the same room as him. "cali on some drugs. they let five of them escape."

"but they'll be on their asses," oscar crosses his arms still looking at the tv. "they need a new hideout, they can't go back to their old one"

"you really think mexico is the place for him?"

"it's either this or be tracked and killed. his choice, not mine"