im you

pt. 2

"i don't see how you could practice and play football everyday" i complained as i stretched from being sore after yesterday's practice. i'm still in ben's body and since this process is going one miles per hour, i've had to stick with the football plays.

"you get used to it after a while" ben chuckled. "i miss my body" i mumbled and let out a huff. "i'm fine—well you started your period today and i don't like how it feels coming out of me but on a different note that the kid josh keeps complimenting me. why didn't you tell me this was happening"

"i didn't know i had to" i replied making a confused face. "why didn't you tell me about the towel slapping in the locker rooms?" i shot back.

"...you showered with other boys?" he asked ignoring my question. "i have to, it was uncomfortable at first but i got used to it" i shrugged my shoulders. "don't get used to it—in fact come here to shower instead"

"it's not like they're seeing my body ben"

"....ohhh right" he came to his senses. i groaned and rolled my eyes. "when is this going to be over" i whined plopping onto the bed. "don't make this seem as bad. look at the brighter side"
i looked at him waiting for him to state what 'the brighter side' was. "you uhh-you didn't have to go through this months period" he tried to smile it off.
i raised an eyebrow at him and his smile faded. "you're right there is no bright side other than it'll be over in a few hours"
"what the hell are we going to do until—oh no" i stood up. "what is it?"

"the dance!" i looked at him. he made a tense face. "oh shit"
i looked at my school plans, flipping through and scanning the pages. i let out a breath of relief. "don't worry, it's not until seven"
"we went to store around seven" ben pointed out. "no we didn't" i kept the smile on my face. "yes we did. remember daylight savings, we skip an hour. if we went to the store around seven yesterday twenty four hours later it'll be at that time" he explained. "why do you like to ruin my happiness?" i groaned. "i could've went my whole day without knowing that" i fell back onto the bed.
"i'm sorry? but let's not forget, you didn't tell me you had a nipple piercing"
i quickly raised back up and looked at him. "it's not that serious, ben"
"i asked you to get one for how many months and you said they were ugly, tacky, and gross. you're being a hypocrite"

"I AM NOT-"
"HYPOCRITE"
i crossed my arms and huffed turning away from him. "anyways we have to wait the dance out. i don't want to put in a magic show with electricity okay"

"but all the good food will be gone by the time we get there" ben whined. "they'll be left over with the celery sticks and carrots. who's going to eat that?"

"vegetarians" i replied side eyeing him.

6:40

"it's not that hard" i watched as ben tried to walk in my heels. "i'm still a guy" he looked up from the ground and at me. "i look good in a tux- well you look good in a tux," i corrected myself as i looked in the mirror. "shows your muscles. grrr!" i growled as a joke. "that's you ben. always trying to flex when it's the right time" i looked over at him starting to go off.

"thinking you're better than everyone else cause you have the best body—cause you do. you do have a good body but me saying that makes your ego even bigger. you have a big ego ben. but that's good cause you're  confident"

"i'm just trying to walk in heels" he says utterly confused on why i came at him. "love you" i innocently smiled.

6:50

"you're a girl now, not a guy. you have to sit with your legs closed" i told ben. "but i can" i slouched down in my seat watching him roll his eyes. i laughed and looked at my watched. "ten more minutes"

i watched as out friends came over to our table and sit down with us. the conversations going on clearly had both of us confused. i mostly listened to my friend talk about the girl drama that's been going on rather than listening to ben's friends talk about a football game i supposedly missed.

"that sucks" i said clueless of what gavin was saying. "right!" he exclaimed and continued talking. i looked down at my watch.

6:58

"ben" i called not thinking. "what?" the group of friends said. "y/n" i quickly corrected myself. "me and y/n are playing a game where we...switch our names?" i told them but it came out more as a question. "oh okay, we know how weird you guys relationship is" caleb shrugged. "we're not weird!" i defended thinking i was still me but i wasn't to them. "never mind" i stood up grabbing ben's hand and went out to the hallway.

"it's seven. it's seven" i repeated nervously. "what if someone walks by?" i whispered then covered my mouth. "that's scary" i said. "i'm becoming impatient. you know being you is really hard but it's also been eye opening" ben started saying. "you think being me is hard? i have to work out 24/7. something i really hate doing. i hate that you literally have no classes? tell me what kind of schedule you have"

"you didn't put makeup on your face one day so people were asking if i was sick. that's offensive! you go through that everyday?"

"yes!" i exclaimed. "it gets annoying"
"aww but you're cute either way" he complimented with a smile. "oh really?" i cheekily smiled. if someone seen this happening right now, i know for sure they would be confused about how we were acting.

"i love you"

we kissed each other for while and felt that familiar feeling from before.

7:00

i pulled away from him slowly and looked at him. i touched his face and then mine. "i'm in my body" i muttered still touching my face and ben adjusted his tux. "we switched back!" i jumped excitedly and wrapped my arms around him. "i'm so happy to have my body back!"

"i'm happy to have mine too but you don't see me being dramatic" ben joked. i lightly tapped the side of his face and grabbed his hand.

"next time we go to ikea not a thrift store" ben says. i nodded my head agreeing with him. "no more rugs"