new guest

𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 2

ꨄꨄꨄꨄꨄꨄꨄꨄ

"whenever you're ready, come down cause we're having steaks tonight" JJ told me and left the bathroom since i was sitting in the bathtub. i huffed and got out making my way to the backyard where he was grilling.

"Oh shit! my life was almost at steak" JJ said that terrible joke but they still laughed about it. i walked up behind them laughing and joining in.

"oh did you hear what i said?" JJ asked about his joke. "yeah, i heard from inside. get out of my room" i quickly stopped laughing and looked at ben who was holding a soda.

"y/n" JJ groaned rolling his eyes.

after the steaks were done we sat at the table in silence. "so," my brother spoke up looking at us. "why don't you guys get to know each other? since it kind of started on the wrong foot today" he stated. i adjusted my posture and look away from them.

"i don't know what you're talking about, brother"

ଈ 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳 ଈ
"𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘧𝘧 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧"

ଈ 𝘯𝘰𝘸 ଈ

"uhh, if it's a problem-" ben started to say but i cut him off by slamming my arm into the table and pointing my finger at him.

"it is! i got to school for eight hours and after i go to work for three and when i get off i expect to come home to my dearest room and enjoy my peace because i've been out all day with people i do not like!"

i got up from table and walked out of the kitchen.

ben

she was very heated and i could tell because she pointed her finger at me. i forced myself to hide my smile.

"i'm sorry about her" JJ said pinching the bridge of his nose. "she is...very protective of her room" i nodded at my use of words. he sighed and stood up from the table.
"i'm gonna tell her to apologize"

"oh it's fine-" but i stopped talking when he left out. i shrug my shoulders rand went up to her room, where i was staying, to take a shower.

y/n

"—you're going to apologize and that's final. it's not that hard just say sorry and you'll come sleep with me until he leaves"

i put down the Tv remote and let out a sigh. "fine" i grumbled. "ok, stop being so grumpy and brat" he smiled at me before walking back into the kitchen to clean up.
i headed towards my room slowly because i dreaded seeing him inside of it. i slowly knocked on the door and waited. i hated this. i had to knock on my own door.

i waited impatiently before repeatedly knocking. the door finally flew open to reveal a wet Ben with a wet hair and a towel loose around his waist.

i did a long gasp before closing the door myself and standing there with wide eyes and my jaw dropped. my shocked expression started to turn into a smile thinking about what i seen but quickly stopped when the door open again.

he was still shirtless but this time he had on grey sweats. my eyes immediately went down at the sweats but i quickly looked back up into his eyes. i saw a smirk on his face and he leaned in the door frame.

"yes, y/n?" he asked biting his bottom lip. i cleared my throat still holding eye contact with him and started talking.

"i came here to talk-apologize i mean"
he smiled.
"sure come into my room" he teased making my face expression drop into a straight one. i walked inside and sat on my bed and he did the same.

"this is my room," i came on strong with took him aback at the sudden tone. "if you change anything or move anything without my permission will take you down, do you under-" i was cut off by his lips on top of mine.

"stand" i finished my sentence. "do i understand? i don't know, how are you going to take me down, y/n?" he smirked.
i let out annoyed and stressed noises through my teeth and i stood up.

"this is complete, ass-shit!" i went to the bathroom and stood there.

ben

"did she apologize?" JJ stood at the doorway. "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
y/n screamed which made me raise my eyebrows. "yeah, she did" i lied.

ꨄ𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 ꨄ

"stop being an ass" JJ scolded me. "you're the ass here, you gave my room away knowing i don't like to share. why couldn't he stay in your room?"

"because..." he trailed off glancing at me a few times. "it's weird" he said quickly. "it's not weird, college boys, american's pie, is all i'm saying" i held my hands up and walked out of JJ's room. "hey," he called me back. i walk back to his room and stood by the doorway.

"i will be home late. i have a date and i might stay at her house-"

"and you're going to leave me here...with him"

"just tell him to sleep in my room and you can have yours back"

"yeah, for one night" i rolled my eyes and walked away.

that night

i sat in my room, which felt nice. i haven't been in there for two days, only to get clothes and get out. i heard thunder which made me jump out of my daze and rain started to pour down. great a storm. now i know JJ won't be coming back tonight.

there was a knock on my door. i got out of my bed to open it. ben

"i just came here to say goodnight and to say sorry"
"yeah, you should say sorry. you stole my room" i said in a 'duh' tone. he laughed which my made furrows my eyebrows. "no, not about the room. i'm not sorry about that. that i kissed you yesterday...out of random"

"oh" i replied putting my lips into a straight line. "yeah, it was out of random but you're irresistible" compliment?

i stifle my smile. "too soon," i said to him. he replied with a small 'yeah'. "but it was nice" i went to close my door but he stopped it with his hand. "how about we talk. get to know each other, and i dont want you to hate me cause you didn't invite me into your room and move your stuff around." he quoted what i said the other day.

ꨄ 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 ꨄ

"was everything ok last night. no fighting.." my brother trailed off. "yeah, we got a long pretty well actually" i replied hiding the fact that we 'accidentally' made out while he was gone.

"really, really well. she's crazy but fun" ben said. i felt like he was throwing something about last night at JJ. he looked at us with squinting eyes like he was thinking. "so the pull out-" JJ stopped talking when ben choked on his food a little. "couch," he finished. "or did you sleep in my room"

"uhh actually i had to sleep with y/n cause she was scared of the storm last night" cliché

"yeah, she can be scared on major storms. last night was just for a hour or two"

"oh..." me and ben looked at each other trying to hide our smiles.

"you know what?" JJ said to Ben. "your mom called. it's about your grandparents"