𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚

pt。3

ever since i came back from seeing my father. i've distanced myself from everyone. and when i say everyone i mean everyone, i haven't spoken to warren since. every time he did talk to me, i would make up and excuse and leave. it's not that i wanted to treat him that way, i was doing it for his safety.

i sat in my room, looking out of the window occasionally replaying my father's words in my head.

"you have until the end of this week to make up your mind, or things will end badly do you understand"

i groaned to myself out of stress. if you're confused on all of this, he wants me to "rule the world" and "build a more powerful empire"
in all honesty, it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard....well scratch that, i've heard stupider. if he wanted this to happen so badly, why wouldn't he do it himself since it means so much to him?
what if-

"y/n?" a voiced called. i jumped out of my thoughts sitting up straight and putting my attention towards the person. warren stood at the door watching me.

"what?" i asked as if everything was okay. he walked over to me and sat on the bed slowly putting his arm around my waist and rubbing his thumb up and down. it felt amazing to have that feeling.

"is everything alright?" his eyes scanned my face looking for some kind of answer.

"uhh- uhm yeah, just-uhm stressed out a little, so much homework and....stuff" i stuttered over my words forcing a small smile on my face hoping that would end things quicker.

"i can help you relax, give you massage, play in your hair-"
i stood up from the bed making him stop talking and a confused expression come over his face.

"actually, i have to go finish a test for Mr. Horn"
it's really hard to lie to warren, just look at him, how could you ever lie to someone with a face like his? impossible but i'm somehow managing it, but in return i just get the knife of guilt in chest.

"did i do something?" he suddenly asked. i should have seen that question coming because i knew eventually with the way i was acting, he would start questioning himself.

i shook my head quickly shutting down his question.
"no, no of course not, baby, i just told you, i'm buried with school work-" i hated lying to him.
he stood up and took a step closer to me and held my hands.

" if something is wrong you can tell me. i'm always here for you...you know that"

"warren.." my tense body relaxed as he became sad.

"you've been distant lately. always leaving when i try to do things with you. i can't even talk to you without you having to say that you have homework, or jean wanted you to stop by her room. it's not like i want to assume that your—doing something behind my back but it keeps popping into my head"

"no, please don't think that way. i'm not doing that okay i-"

"what happened when you left that day?" he suddenly asked. "what?"

"the day you went to go see your dad. does that has anything to do with this?"

i wanted to tell him the truth about what happened that day from start to end, but i didn't know if he had someone listening to my every word. i felt stuck, with my brain screaming yes but also my mouth saying,

"no" i looked down at my hands and my voice quiet. "it's not about that, but i promise nothing is happening, not between us at least" i wrapped my arms around him giving him a small smile.

"what do you mean by that? you're keeping something from me, y/n, i know you. you can't hide anything from me anymore" he let out a small chuckle but it was something to help lighten the tense conversation.

i let out a sigh knowing that he wasn't going to drop the subject any time soon. i let going of him walking away from him a few inches before starting to pace back and forth.

"alright," i took a deep breath to prepare the long explanation.
"the reason my dad had to talk to me that day is because he wanted to speak on a subject that i've been hiding from you for months and that is, he wanted me to take over and destroy the word just so it would be his and i didn't want to go through with that plan because i'm not that kind of person and i would never want to hurt anyone. especially innocent people and he didn't like the idea of that and he said that if not by the end of this week, i have to make up mind and if i didn't do what he said, he said that things would end badly," i explained quickly in a full breath.

"y/n-" he called but i continued to talk since i wasn't finished explaining the last bit.

"and i stayed away from you because i didn't want you to be caught up in this and i love you too much to let anything bad happen to you. i'm sorry if i gave you bad thoughts or the wrong impression on if i was doing something like cheating, but i'll never cheat on you, ever....in conclusion i don't know what to do, either way i'm in trouble and i'm stressed!" i stopped pacing and curled my fingers in a fist, and my whole was body tense.

he placed his hand on my shoulder before trailing it up to my cheek, where he caresses it, making me relax my muscles.

"we can work this out-" he tried to help but i shook my head.
"no, we can't- i can't. there's nothing i could do about it. my dad is satan and he wants to take over everything. even when i try to talk to him...he never listens..he treats me like rebecca"

"rebecca?"
"his assistant. totally treats her like garbage" i scoffed and crossed my arms looking down. there was silence between us and he watched me walk to the bed and sit down.
his face lit up like he has thought of an idea.

"why don't we go see him" he said in more of a command then request. i instantly shook my head no but he ignored my reaction.

"yes, we will go down there and you're going to stand up to your dad, show him who's in charge"

"ok, thanks for the pep talk but i can only dream of me doing that, besides i'm only allowed to go back if michael comes and gets me when he isn't busy"

"do you really think he's busy or is he just waiting for you to raise hell....literally. what is he doing? watching souls on his skull tv?" he joked earning a small smile from me. that joke did make me chuckle.

"even if we did go down there. it wouldn't fully process,"

"why not?"

"cause you're an angel. angels aren't allowed in hell unless they're fallen angels" i explained glancing at him.

"i'm just a guy with wings, there's nothing special about me"

"you are special" i held his hand and played with his fingers.

"we can go tonight, that way it's private and no one would be....frightened by the ruckus."

"yeah...." i reply unsure if this plan but i had to have hope that everything will go better as planned. that's all i could do now in this situation.

hope..