bad day

i sat in the edge of the bath tub shaving my legs when i hear the door open. i look and see ben standing there and seeing from his body language he was not in a happy mood.

"what are you doing?" he asked. "shaving" i looked away from my leg and at him seeing the expression on his face: impatient. and the tone in his voice: annoyed.

"for why are you shaving instead of laying in bed with me?"

"because it was time to?" i chuckled. "not an excuse" he crossed his arms leaning onto the door frame. "how was work today?" i asked concentrating back on my legs. "i got off work ten minutes ago" he replied almost quickly. i looked at him with slight wide eyes. "you've been here for ten minutes" i said stunned that i didn't even know he was home until now. "yeah. come lay down with me" he requested but it sounded more like a demand cause he was desperate.

"okay after i finish. i'm not walking around with a full leg shaved then the other one half shaved. wouldn't make sense" i shook my head. "i promise it's only be a few a minutes" i smiled hoping to make him feel better. the unhappy face stayed on him as he watched me. i looked down with a smirk on my face as i purposely slid the razor at a slow pace. from the corner of my eye i seen him shuffle around and let out a sigh as he continued to watch me.

my smirk turned into a smile as i seen him walk over to him. he took the razor away from me and shaved off a random spot and wipe my legs with a towel.
"ta-da done so pretty" he sarcastically says as he pulled me away from the tub and into our room. he laid on the bed pulling me with him and wrapped his arms around me closing his eyes.

"so how was work today?" i decided to ask again know that today wasn't a good day.

"horrible. i got there late because of stupid traffic. my schedules as messed up so i had to drive back and forth a hundred times today. i had a fitting for the award show right? it wasn't until i got to the place when i got a call saying that they changed the location to downtown and it was an hour away from where it was originally was. not to mention i had to go to a interview that was uptown. i was stressed so i wanted a smoke and before you say anything i know you don't want me to smoke anymore but i needed. do you understand me? i needed it. so i went to the nearest gas station and they didn't have the kind i liked so i went to the other fast station i always go to and apparently they stopped selling them. now the day is over i come home hoping to see my wife but i don't. so i thought you were out with your friends and it wasn't until ten minutes later i hear you in the bathroom and i see you're shaving your legs—which i don't know why, you're fine the way you are so i had to wait but i'm impatient and now here we are"

i looked at him with my eyebrows raised after his long rant. "wow, your day was really really really bad" i say poking his nerves on purpose. "thanks i didn't know" he replied. "want to hear how good my day was?" i teased with a childish smile on my face. he looked at him not in the mood for my antics. "i'm messing with you. i'm sorry everything wasn't great" i give him a kiss hoping it'll relax him. i pull away seeing a tiny smirk in his on lips. "that was great" he mumbled snuggling his face into my neck.

"you're out tomorrow right?" i ask playing in his hair. something he always loved for me to do. he nodded his head letting out a hum in response. "want to stay in? we can relax and be lazy"

"that would be nice" he says. his voice low and tired. "okay" i quietly say and wrap my arms around him.