"Lexi what are you talking about?"

She throws her phone at me and it's an interview I did when I came back from overseas.

"And Toni, a new baby! How's that feeling?"

My answers... chopped up, pretty well edited to make it sound like I didn't want her to begin with.

"Oh baby," Cheryl says sitting next to her "that's not what she said, T- find the interview,"

I look it up and find the whole answer.

"Lexi is amazing. I wish she could've been born when I could be around and when I could've helped Cher cause my leg is not helping to much. I love her though, she's an amazing little girl,"

"And obviously planned?"

"A planned surprise I'd say, I didn't want a kid when I was overseas but that's how it worked out and I wouldn't have had it any other way, my wife's healthy, my baby's healthy and that's all that matters,"

"See Lex, I never said that. They edited it, I always wanted you,"

She shakes her head

"They said they heard you say that I'm not as good as I was last year and you were replacing me with LJ "

"I did say I was going to put LJ at quarterback, but only for the second half because they were emotionally abusing you out there baby,"

"Oh,"

"Why would you think I wouldn't have wanted you honey?"

"I was born at a weird time. You just came back and had so many things going on and I was just another problem," she shrugs

"You were never a problem lex," I smile wiping her tears "i had some really bad days when I came home, and when I had bad nights especially, I would go and hold you and just be with you- you never slept anyways, so just being with you made me feel so much better. You're the only reason I started healing from what I saw in Afghanistan,"

"Really?"

"Really," I say with a small smile

"I'm sorry,"

She starts bawling again and I hug her tight.

"It's okay sweetie,"

"Honey mom and I were y'all and we wanna get you back into therapy, the principal says you haven't been going at school," Cher says

"I did bug they got a new councillor and he's mean and thinks I make stuff up," she sniffs "but I'm not crazy mom,"

"Oh we know Lexi, it's just good to talk to someone who can give you ways to deal with everything that's happened Lex," I say "I go to therapy and so does mom, we've been doing it since we were your age and I promise it hurts,"

"Fine, but don't tell anyone," she says

"Oh of course not honey,"

"Okay, we'll get you a therapist right away honey,"

"They called me a whore mom," she whispers "online, on the field, at pops,"

"Lexi, you know who you are inside and some dicks from that school shouldn't change that okay?"

"Okay,"

...
Lexis POV

I walk into school the next day and see some bitch with her hands all over my boyfriend.

"If I see you near my boyfriend ever again I'll make sure your never within 500 feet of the school,"

She rolls her eyes and walks away.

"Hey Princess,"

"Hey," I say kissing him and opening my locker

"Where'd you go last night?"

"I didn't have a good night Huds, I just wanted to go home. I'm sorry,"

"I get it Lexi, it's okay,"

"Thank you for being so understanding,"

"For you? Always," he says with a smile "why don't we go on a little date night tonight? Just get your mind off things?"

"Uh I would love that, but I can't," I sigh putting my head against my locker

"Practice?" He asks "the day after a championship? Your mom is rough on you guys,"

"Uh, not practice.. just plans,"

"Okay,"

"Can we do it tomorrow?" I ask hopefully

"Yeah tomorrows great baby,"

I give him a small smile and can tell he's still a bit confused.

"I'm going to therapy tonight," I sigh "don't tell anyone please, my moms are forcing me to go because they think I need to talk,"

"Oh babe, you didn't need to tell me," he chuckles "but it's probably a good idea,"

"I know, I know,"

"I gotta get to class. I'll see you later,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too Lex,"