T H I R T Y - O N E

There stood the five leaders, each of them standing out in the crowd, with arms crossed or tucked in the pocket of their dress pants

There stood the five leaders, each of them standing out in the crowd, with arms crossed or tucked in the pocket of their dress pants. The serious expression along with piercing eyes could catch anyone's eyes. All five radiated power, dominance, had the aura of negativity and darkness emitting from them.

Watching their eyes bore holes into the vehicle that ignited minutes ago made her feel apprehensive. The things she felt she should have done combined with the death of three people prevailed her mind.

The eyes of the leaders flicked to the five girls not far from them and back to the car then the few CCTV cameras hiding about.

"Office. Now." Namjoon gritted through his teeth, noticeably aiming those two words towards the five females. A few heads glimpsed towards the direction of them, some astounded expressions, a few incomprehensible.

"Yes, boss,"

Jiyeon's stomach dropped. The eerie, dreadful sensation roamed throughout the woman, frightening her.

Is there a chance they had found out already? Oh god, please no, please say they haven't. She pleaded in her mind

As instructed all five of them walked towards the room, each feeling a different emotion. Jiyeon was behind them, walking slower than the rest, fingers fiddling with one another as she bowed her head, allowing her eyes to gaze at the hues of brown splattered on the wood.

Her movements and posture didn't go unobserved, one of the males, Chan, glimpsed back at her only to be stunned at the expression she displayed. He was perplexed by her stance and attitude. The man skimmed her face; remorse? Melancholy? Culpability? He just couldn't put his finger on it.

It bothered him, the fact that something was off about the girl and he wasn't able to figure out why. Chan made a mental reminder to inquire about it later.

Minutes passed when they arrived at Namjoon's office, a creak reverberated throughout the hallways signifying the door to the office was opening. The leaders wasted no time on getting inside, Namjoon sat on his chair while the others either stood behind him or seated themselves on the few armchairs scattered around.

"At the time of the explosion, all five of you were outside near the area, did you see anything suspicious?" The man asked it came out serenely, though Jiyeon felt the opposite, his tone made her feel more anxious than she already was.

"We discerned what we believe a spy or an agent running around, planting a few C4s wherever they could. Of course, we couldn't allow those to detonate, thus got busy trying to deactivate them but due to the heat of the moment we mistook the person entering the car as the spy and threw a few C4s at it, the bomb exploded before we were able to realise it wasn't a spy and notify them about it"

The lie slipped out of Solar's mouth, effortlessly and smoothly. She spoke with such confidence, not stammering once nor avoiding eye contact; to anyone, it would have been believable.