E I G H T E E N

"Why I'm I being assigned this mission? You have many other people who are efficient enough to successfully complete the task, why do I have to do it?"

"As repeatedly mentioned, you are the only who is capable of doing it" Namjoon sighed for the umpteenth time. His middle finger and thumb soon after making contact with his temple, massaging it.

"... And how is that??" She asked confusion and shock were the only emotion written all over her. "I will not be able to complete your task without miserably failing, sooner or later I will be caught. You do know I don't do these kinds of things, I may have done it in the past, but everything has now changed. I forgot everything!"

Every single possible scenario either good or bad began to form in her head.

"Is interviewing to be someone's assistant and retrieve information and files that difficult??"

She gave him an unbelievable look, her leg bounced up and down, finger tapping anxiously against the wooden table. Her mouth opened slightly but no words left it, she was indeed speechless

"It's settled, this is how you will pay us back. If you do as you are told, we will guarantee your safety"

"I'm... you're- you're using me?!" A breathy chuckle left her mouth as everything became clear. "I can't believe this... Is this the reason why you offered me a place to stay here?? So, I can do your dirty work? If that's the case, then I am leaving" She abruptly stood up from her seat, hands slammed down against the table as her chair move backwards.

She didn't spare the five a glance as her body made its way towards the door, her palm came in contact with the handle but before she could push down on it, a voice stopped her.

"Sit down" Namjoon's voice was calm yet deadly, his tone immediately sending goosebumps to the female.

"Do I need to repeat myself?"

She knew better than irritating one of the most powerful leaders in all the land, even if they allowed her to live with them, it didn't excuse the fact that they were all able to end her life in seconds and wipe her existent from humanity.

A shaken breath left her mouth as she made her way back to her seat, head low.

"We talked about this before, Jiyeon. This is for the sake of Korea, if we do not get those files we need, this entire country will collapse even more than it already has, more people will be at poverty, many will die, many will not have homes..."

"And when that all does happen, you will feel guilty, the guilt will eat you up, you will constantly blame yourself and repeatedly ask 'Why didn't I do the mission?'"

Manipulating her was like a walk in the park, everything went smoothly.

Her nails dug into the skin of her palms, she knew the task would be risky, yet she had no other choice.