T W E N T Y - O N E

"You weren't caught were you?" Chan asked as they both entered his car

"No, there was a lot of commotion going on, so they didn't suspect anything, though the boss is expecting me to be a presence at work meaning sooner or later, they will put two and two together"

Silence filled the car after the female's response, the male backed up from the parking lot and drove back home.

As he pulled up to their house, the couldn't help but notice a few unfamiliar cars at the entrance, the windows were smashed, shouting could easily be heard from the inside and guns being fired resulted in the two becoming paranoid.

"Shit, we are under attack" Chan mumbled, fumbling to take off his seat belt before running inside, not giving a second thought of the female next to him.

Jiyeon soon followed behind him even though she knew it was a dangerous idea yet she didn't care, she wanted to make sure they weren't injured.

Two weeks worth of training made her feel somewhat confident, she knew the basics of fighting and shooting a gun so if a problem did occur, she would know how to defend herself.

However, the minute the door swung open and eyes examining the ambush, all the confidence that she had was shattered like shards of glass.

Her body began to fill up with intense disgust and horror, above all, scare and shock. Shocked at quickly it managed to paralyse her as well as startle her, scare due to the sight.

The picture of countless men and women bleeding out, limbs visibly dislocated, some of them were up on their two feet, throwing punches, kicks, aiming guns.

The female snapped out her gaze only to realise how she is out in the open, practically begging to be shot, almost immediately she ran to the closest hiding spot.

The sound of someone groaning caused the female to flinch, she slowly averted her eyes towards the noise, ready to run if it was one of the attackers. However, when noticing it was someone from the Top Four, she immediately went over to assist him.

"A-are you okay?" Worry was evident in her voice as she looked for the wound, her eyes noticed how he clutched his thigh. "Did you get shot in the leg?" She asked another question.

She moved his hand to inspect it better, the wound was oozing with dark congealing blood. Her eyes examined his face, even if he had been shot countless times, the pain was still unbearable.

"I don't have the equipment to extract the bullet or clean and bandage the wound," she panicked, she looked around, trying to find something which she can use to stop the excessive amount of bleeding but to no avail.

She took off her blazer, tightly wrapping it around the wound of the younger who winced at the pressure.

Hearing guns being fired so close to her, senses sharpened with adrenaline. Jiyeon held her breath, straining to hear with every ounce of concentration, however, it wasn't possible with the countless of groans, shouts and more gunfire's.

The sound of gunshots became louder and louder, the panic was the only thing running through the girl. The copper projectiles flew through the air, unaware to their purpose. Each and every bullet ripped into something, either living or inanimate.

She wondered if any of them feel something when pulling the trigger, either if it's remorse, sympathy, vengeance.

Her body tensed when hearing a gun cocking oh so close to her. She felt the hairs on her body straighten up.

Squeezing her eyes shut before opening them, Jiyeon turned around to come face to face with an unfamiliar man, he had a gun pointing to the man next to her. His face had an unreadable expression.

She clenched her fist and let out a shaken breath. He wasn't that far from her, so she kicked the gun out of his grasp, before allowing her fist to make contact with his gut.

The male stumbled back slightly due to the impact, her hand swept down and grabbed the gun, immediately pointing it to the guy to scare him.

He pulled something out from his waistband and forcefully pulled up the injured male, his arm wrapped around his nape and a silvery metal placed in front of his neck.

Squinting her eyes slightly which soon turned into widen ones when she realised he had put the male at knifepoint.

"L-let go of him, or I'll-I'll shoot" she threatened poorly.

The male let out a low menacing chuckle. "You?? The same girl who is trembling and has fear plastered on her face is going to shoot me??"

"You probably don't even know how to shoot the gun" he let out a breathy chuckle.

".. I am warning you... L-let go or I'll shoot," she stuttered out breathlessly, gulping thickly as the attacker tightened his grip, the boy he's holding hostage letting out a small but evident grunt.

"Oh, you want me to 'l-let go...'?" He mocked and taunted, the girl taking in a deep breath as she looked and the injured boy, who had his brows knotted together in pain.

The loud, piercing sound of the bullet bouncing off the walls put everything in a pause as Jiyeon watched his dead body fall limply to the floor, the boy finally freed from his grip.

She was paralyzed. Frozen in place, almost like a statue as she watched the blood oozing out of the bullet wound of the deceased body.

She was shivering and trembling from inside out, her body heating up as she visibly shook in one spot, dropping her gun to the floor as an echoing clanging sound followed after it made contact with the surface.

"I... I killed him..." She managed to breathe out as tears began building in her eyes as quickly as a well or a fountain, already trespassing her dry lashes.

"I killed someone..." She sobbed out as she fell back, fear resembling her features. She stared at the open bullet wound on his forehead, blood running to the ground creating a pool underneath the corpse, his eyes wide open as it stared back at her trembling figure. Memories of the people she had killed in the past flooding in her mind as her blood ran cold.

The gunshots eventually died down, Jiyeon hearing footsteps coming towards her. However she couldn't move, she refused to.

"Would you look at that. You killed one of them," Namjoon spoke, a slight hint of amusement behind his voice.

Jiyeon shook her head vigorously, "I-I didn't want to kill him... I didn't mean it... I didn't-- I-I..." She blabbered out, looking down at her trembling hands.

"You used to be such a good kid... Glad I was able to break that out of you,"

"N-no... I... I didn't want to kill him..." She muttered out as tears continued to flood down her pale cheeks.

"Hey, calm down. That was your first kill. You should feel proud," Taeyong assured as he helped their injured member up.

".. Jiyeon...??? You don't look so good..." Chan spoke, slightly concerned as he crouched down in front of her.

And the next thing you know, darkness overcomes the female.

.

.

.