S I X T Y

The area was made unwelcomed by the silence of the lot

The area was made unwelcomed by the silence of the lot. It seemed as though every silhouette was a voiceless statue, frozen in its current stance. And, no matter what they had done or tried to do, nothing could let the empty air of silence subside.

It was not raining. On the contrary. The sky was crystal clear without a single cloud at sight - But overcast in a gloomy grey veil.

One could not even hear the sound of shoes crunching against the ground. Nor was there any music in the background to fill the void.

Even the birds seemed to have fallen back in their chirps as if 'a cat had caught their tongues'.

Their mission was completed. But the world didn't seem as how they had wished for.

It felt... Rather empty.

And way too quiet to bear.

The live leaders of MG found themselves lined up in front of the group amid a funeral for the ones that they had lost. Yet no one dared to speak, fearing that their voices would fail them.

It felt too difficult for them to believe that the ones who have walked with them side by side for such a long period, practically hand in hand like a family, only stood above them when they are buried approximately 6 feet underneath them. It had burdened them deeply to accept that to the point that they didn't know where to rest their gaze; Up to the sky, presumably where their souls have escaped, or down to the ground, where their withering corpses rested.

Eyes were red and restless, skin: pale and almost sickening to look at. But no one could entirely blame them. A voice interrupted the heavy silence, vibrating through the speakers as the first leader of MG cleared his throat, earning the attention of the members- of their family.

"Fellow members... Friends, brothers, and sisters," He began with such a calm voice. However, everyone knew he was just as heartbroken. Because he was one of the most passionate amongst them. "We are gathered here today due to these unfortunate circumstances. I am sad to say that we have lost multiple lives of our family. They were the bravest ones, the ones who fought for all of us..." he let out.

Everyone listened to him attentively with heavy frowns upon their faces, feeling a slight drop of rain hitting them now and then.

"They have died for us. For the future, we wanted to create. For the family that we have built for generations... And now we shall fulfil that future in their names, as written in each of their wills; We are now free people and solemnly swear to contribute to this reborn society rightfully. And to never forget the names of our heroes, but to move on happily as if they still walk with us," the male finished his speech rather quickly, knowing that everyone was having a hard time trying to accept it.

Everyone was excused to pay their respects to the dead comfortably, comforting each other with warm hugs.

Jeno lingered beside the grave of his best friend, staring at the gravestone bitterly as people walked over to him to hug him, giving him their condolences as they knew how close the two were.