T W E N T Y - T H R E E

The harsh scent of alcohol invaded the nose of the older male

The harsh scent of alcohol invaded the nose of the older male. His arm wrapped around the waist of the female, helping her keep her balanced as he noticed her visibly struggle.

"Why did you even drink so much? You are drunk as fuck!"

"Drunk I am not!" The words came out as a slur.

"The USB? Where is it?" Taeyong asked, wanting to go home already.

"I'm going to show you a magic trick" she giggled, her hand making its way towards her hair, pulling the USB out. "Tada!" her giggling increasing as she waved the item in his face.

-

From the pounding headache to the urge to vomit, the female figured she must have drunk again. Jiyeon's throat felt like sandpaper, she coughed slightly, her throat burning up as it pleaded for water.

Her body was never able to handle drinking, yet she still carried on drowning herself in alcohol whenever she could, it took her mind off life and all her worries; how she doesn't know who or where her parents are and what they look like, above that, according to Tonia she has a cousin who may be deceased, no one knows. These questions repeatedly crowded her mind, frequently stressing her out.

Storms of nausea contributed to her misery before she was on her feet, the room shook nearly leading her to lose her balance, and her hand went instinctively to the wall to support her. Jiyeon stood there for a few seconds, waiting for the room to become stationary.

The previous day was foggy, her mind wasn't able to recall all the events the occurred. She sat down on the edge of the bed and began to ponder, trying to remember what had happened the day before.

The USB, the club, that man...

An audible gasp had escaped her mouth as the image of a knife entering the man's body clouded her mind. She had murdered someone, again, without a second thought.

To add to that, she did it for no reason, she had the USB and could have escaped without harm being done but instead, she didn't, the male wasn't even a threat, he did nothing for the woman to pull a knife out.

Almost instantly Jiyeon became paralysed, frozen, her body didn't move one inch, it seemed as if she became a statue. Seconds later her physique began to tremble, fear resembled in her face.

Panic begins with the tightness of one's chest, the breathing becomes significantly quicker and shallower. Her heart is banging against the ribs. Everything felt as though it was spinning, she dropped on her hands and knees, her breathing growing heavier and heavier, her chest tightening even more.

Tears outlined her eyes, her mind replays the two people she killed in two days and soon flashbacks occur, from years ago; the image of multiple throats being slashed, guns being fired, lives being taken only made her situation worse.