F O R T Y - O N E

»»─────𝟚𝟛 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝔻-𝔻𝕒𝕪─────««

A courtroom. An enclosed location where the courts of law will be held, with the members who were caught present in the room.

Brown, the colour that overpowered the furniture. A warm colour that automatically stimulates home, security, stability... but at this time of moment it expressed its negative traits, it created a feeling of isolation, solitary, desolation. It is like a vast desert devoid of life.

In a way, it reminded the criminals that this is just the beginning of the end, how every action has a consequence, whether positive or negative, in this case, it was negative. The crimes committed, only ends with time behind bars. Day by day, week by week, year by year, the regret, the mortification of the self, the emptiness, it increases with the remorse never leaving you.

Some commit crimes which result in most their life being thrown away in order to live in four walls with no contact in the outside world and it can impact someone's mental state immeasurably and there is no way back, what's done is done. The reason on why they commit the crime is unknown, some do it for the sake of survival, thieving just to feed their family and themselves, others commit a crime just to see people in pain.

For the Top Four, they continuously perform illegal wrongdoings due to the entertainment received. The thrill, the near-death experiences, the gore, the weapons; It became an addiction, it possessed over them, doing whatever in their power to make them feel the pleasure again, even if it meant countless of lives were ended, relationships ripped apart, society deteriorating by the second.

Morals are neglected, your conscience vanishing, separation from religion, friends, family. Crimes either take everything away from you or give you everything but that 'everything' will not last endlessly as eventually you will be caught.

But what the Top Four do not know is that what they do will always come back to them. The famous sayings 'What goes around, comes around' and 'Karmas a bitch' highlights how even if they are above people, that does not exclude the fact they will get what they deserve in the end.

And as they sit there, putting all their trust in the rest of MG. They come to the realisation how they, unlike other criminals, regret no decision made.

What some people do not understand is that this was their only choice in life, being in the mafia meant 'The Maslow's hierarchy of needs theory' is fulfilled, their previous 'homes' was never able to provide love and belongingness, security, physiological needs unlike with the mafia, all the requirements were met.

They were never bad people, just broken... damaged to which to this day are still picking up the pieces. The damage has triggered some of them to choose violence as a coping mechanism, but overtime was perceived by society as horrible, inhumane individuals which they continued to act upon as not caring if they were the most hated people to live.