Remember December~ Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

"What the hell is this?!" Nick exclaimed, poking some mysterious brown meat on his tray.

"My guess is that it's some type of fetus." Of course. James would say that. I scrunched my nose up. But it did look...fetus-like.

Seirra and Delaney were laughing, Scarlett, Cathy and Delilah looked amused, yet disgusted and I was somewhere between hysterical laughter and an "I need a bucket" moment.

Ahh, lunch.

I stood up and walked up to the large trashcan everything still in place. Well except for the cookie that had been in a wrapper and had not been allowed to touch any other food whatsoever. I didn't want to take any chances.

Glancing around the cafeteria, there was no difference. The jocks sat with the jocks, the cheerleaders with the cheerleaders and the Barbie dolls with the Barbie's. We sat in the middle. We were just us. We didn't have a certin clique, and that made us weird in the eyes if the school population. I could really care less, the same going for the rest of the gang. Sure, we all had other friends, but we were all like a family. A sick minded, random, totally different family, but a family none the less.

I did notice one small change though. A change that I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been aware of what I was looking for. There were two guys at the Barbie table, which was a strict no no, unless one of the plastic sluts planned on fucking him in a janitor's closet during free period.

My friend Zach and Cole. I was surprised at Zach. He pretty much hated the Barbie's as much as Delaney did. And trust me, she loathed them. So as to why he was sitting with them, I had no clue. I know he didn't have sex with girls, only joked around like the rest of us. I had a better idea for Cole though. Maybe he was a man slut, like so many of the guys here. That's all I needed to see, to know what type of guy he really was. I turned away, wondering why I was so disappointed. He was just some guy that almost killed me yesterday, nobody of great importance in my life. Well, considering it was an accident that is. The logical part of me told me it was because I thought he was different, thought he was some kind of hero for throwing Brad out of my life -- literally--, but the not so logical part of me told me it was because I had possibly liked him.

I shook the thought out of my head as soon as it had come. Cole had been a friend, nothing more. Friend as in past tense. It might seem harsh to ditch him just because who he sat with at lunch, but those bitches had been making my life hell and blinding me with their boobs since the 2nd grade. I wasn't going to be mean to him, maybe just ignore him a little. Or a lot. He probably wouldn't talk to me anymore now anyways.

I sat back at our table and made myself not think about Cole, It was harder than I thought it would be, but I did it. I also made sure I said nothing about Zach. Delaney would freak out and probably manage to make sure Zach would never be a father.

"Why would you serve a growing boy this? Why!" They were still talking about the food. I smiled. At least I could always count on my friends.

 *****************************************

After lunch, if you really wanted to call it that, I went to health, Delaney went to band, and Seirra, Delilah, Scarlett, James, Nick, and Cathy went to their free period. When that was over Delaney and I went to free period while the rest went to biology.

Talking was not permitted in this class so it was pretty boring. Surprisingly, I didn't have any homework so I would end up sleeping, reading, or writing. I wasn't tired, and I forgot my book on my bedside table so I guess I would be writing today.