Remember December~ Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

December's POV

_______________________

Seirra and James came bursting into the room yelling and ranting. All that I could make out of it was cemetery, headstones, and I'm pretty sure I heard the word dead in there somewhere. That's great, isn't it? I thought so too.

Sighing, I looked at them with my eyebrows raised. "Guys, guys. Slow down! We have no idea what you're saying."

They both stopped at the same time and took deep breathes. They still looked weird, like they had just been scared to death. Well, I probably didn't look any better.

"So what exactly happened?" Cole asked them, holding his head so his bruises weren't so noticeable.

"James and I we went out back. There's a cemetery back there, and at first I thought it was really cool. James thought it was scary, but he's James. Anyways, I noticed there were some open graves. Nine to be exact. And the headstones...they had our names on them guys." Seirra said in a rush. But I heard her. Oh God, did I hear her.

"Shit." Cole and I said at the same time. This wasn't good at all. We had to get out of here.

Just then I heard more feet running towards the room and more screaming our names. I recognized the voices as Nick, Scarlett, and Delilah. They also sounded freaked out and I groaned in my head. I didn't need to be even more scared than I already was. Nick came bursting into the room first, huffing like he'd just ran a marathon. Which by the looks of it, they might've. Scarlett and Delilah came tumbling in a few seconds later.

"A ghost just tried to rape me!" Nick screamed.

Why did I find that amusing? It was all I could do to keep from laughing. But sadly, I'm not good at controlling my laughter so a few loud giggles escaped my mouth. I could tell Cole and James wanted to laugh from the twitching of their lips, while Seirra didn't spare her brother and nearly fell on the floor.

"I'm serious! There's some freaky shit going on in that basement."

Scarlett and Delilah nodded, their eyes wide. They told me about their little adventure in the basement, and after they finished Seirra and James told their story. Delilah would've crumpled to the floor if Nick hadn't caught her at the last second. At the angle she was in, she had the perfect view of Cole's neck. Gasping, she sprang up and demanded to know what had happened. We grudgingly told them, skipping over the worst of it.

"This is bad. They can actually touch us guys." Nick was muttering in the corner, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Hey...guys?" Scarlett called. We all turned to look at her. She looked frazzled, her dark hair falling into her eyes. "Where are Zach and Delaney?"

"I don't know. I got a text from Delaney about an hour ago saying thanks. They made up...but that's the last I heard of her." I recalled, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" James asked in his awkward voice.

The yes's went all around the room. Where were they? I sent a quick text to Delaney as everyone else did the same. Delaney usually texted back quickly so when five minutes passed and we got no word from her or Zach, I started to really worry.

Where were they?

Zach's POV

______________________

Gone. She was gone. I didn't save her. I couldn't save her. And I was totally pissed about it.

The thoughts kept rushing through my head, hardly pausing for me to even process them. After I had been thrown against the wall I had been stunned. In that small period of time I had seen my best friend get dragged away by nothing. All I could see were a pair of glowing red eyes.

I was standing in the same place, banging my head against the damn brown wall repeatedly. I let her get dragged away. I didn't save her. She could be hurt right now and I don't know where she was. If she was hurt...I would never forgive myself.

Wiping the hair out of my eyes, I then started kicking the wall. Fuck whatever the hell that was that took her away. If I could see it, I would rip it's damn head off. Groaning I turned so my back was against the wall and slid down onto my knees. I know she was scared, it was a kind of feeling I had. If only the feeling could tell me where she was.

I mentally slapped myself, Stop it Zach. She would come back. Yeah!.

That's how the others found me, on my knees, facing the way she had been dragged away, just staring. Never blinking. I didn't care if my eyes hurt like the fucking depths of hell. If she came around that corner, I would see it. No matter what. Nothing would get pass me.

"Zach!" I heard my named being called my familiar voices but I didn't dare look. I didn't dare look away from the hall.

"Zach?" Someone squatted down in front of me. "Zach? Are you alright?"

"Get out of the way." I growled, and pushed the intruder to the side. "I have to see when she comes around that corner. I have to see when Delaney comes back, smiling telling me it was all a trick. Saying ha-ha Zach, you dork. I'm fine."

Another intruder came and helped the other one up. I think I heard sniffling, but I didn't care. The intruder deserves to cry. They got in the way.

"What the hell man?!" A guy yelled. He pushed me backwards, and I fell. He held my arms down.

"No! I'm going to miss her! Let me go! LET ME GO!" I started screaming and thrashing around. I felt more hands holding me down.

"Zach?" I soft voice asked. It sounded like the person was crying. I kind of calmed down a bit, but not much. "Where is she? Where's Delaney?"

All the fight went out of me, and I went limp. I stared up at the crown molding on the cream colored ceiling and whispered the words I had been trying to deny.

"She's gone."

Delaney's POV

____________________________

I was still locked away in this damn cellar. Yeah, it was a cellar, I made sure to ask. I had a plan and as soon as this bitch demon left, I was executing it.

He was still in the corner, still watching me like a predator. Damn, does he ever blink? Seriously his eyes are freaking me out. I fidgeted under his gaze, which was hard to do considering the chains where starting to hurt me.

"Let me go." I growled at him.

He just laughed and his eyes moved like he was shaking his head. Bastard.

"No can do little miss. I haven't had my fun here yet."

"Are you going to rape me? Because that's sick and just plain gross."

He snorted. "Rape is for weak men. No, I just plan on.. Maybe beating you around a bit?"

I gulped. What the hell? "Personally, I think beating around a girl is acting like a chicken." Huh, maybe I should not have said that. Oh well, can't take it back now.

I heard a growl. Oh shit. I struggled against the chains that bounded me to the wall. I could feel the blood spilling down my wrists as the cold metal cut into my flesh. Crying out for help, I began fighting harder as I head the footsteps coming closer.

The red eyes focused on my face. Then I felt cold, strange feeling hands wrap around my neck. I made a mental note never to piss a demon off.

He squeezed, and my eyes shut tightly, waiting for the air to stop flowing through my body. So this was how I was going to die? Alone and in the dark? Damn.

He hands disappeared and he laughed evilly. "Did I scare you little girl?"

Yes. But I would never admit to that. Instead, I breathed in and stayed silent as I waited for this pedophile demon to make his next move.