A Deadly Plot

The witcher walked into the brothel, he smiled, he had wished he hadn't spent his coin at Crippled Kate's. Which wasn't to say he had any less of an enjoyable time with the two whores he hired. He saw a multitude of Zerikanian women smiling and giggling at him. He knew they worshiped dragons, but he doubted Saskia liked women. He needed to find a culture that worshiped vampires. As the witcher walked into the brothel, an older women approached him, who he assumed to be the madam, "(F/N) (L/N)! Welcome to the Passiflora!"

He looked at her with confusion, not understanding how she knew his name. The woman frowned, "Oh, pardon me. A masked witcher in the city of Novigrad. Everyone's been singing your praise."

"Oh...that's good. I'm actually here to..."

"Speak softly dear. I know very well why you're here."

The witcher wanted to clarify that he wasn't here for pleasure, but the madam spoke, "They await. This way, please."

As (F/N) followed her, he still wasn't entirely sure, she wasn't leading him to a bed chamber with multiple women. It was only when she pulled a book of a nearby bookshelf did he realize that Dijkstra had planned for this. He thanked the madam politely as he made his way up the stairs. He appreciated how seriously the spy was taking this, just having this conversation could get both of them sent to the gallows.

The place was crawling with Dijkstra's men, all of them told him exactly where he needed to go. They weren't taking any chances. When (F/N) made it to the secret room, the large man was looking out a window, "Well...you've nailed the secrecy down quite well."

The spy snorted, he smiled baring his yellow teeth, "(F/N). You're here, good."

The witcher glanced behind him, "Good idea having the meeting in a brothel. No one listens when they're getting plowed."

Dijkstra laughed, and turned away from the window, "Believe it or not, many people want Radovid dead. So it doesn't matter if they listen or not. Besides this venue's got a reputation. Falka planned her revolt here...by extension, King Vendrik's murder, too."

"Are you comparing yourself to Fulka? Radovid needs to die. It's what's best for everyone."

"Her rebellion changed the course of history - that's what we have in common. In terms of blood, we only aim to shed Radovid's."

The spy snorted and sat down, he started messaging his leg that had been broken, "I'm pleased you're willing to play the part. I must admit I wasn't certain you'd show."

(F/N) leaned against the wall, reflecting on last night, "I thought about what you said. You're right. Too many of my friends are in danger if that monster ends up defeating Emhyr."

"You better believe it. I'm pleased we've come to an understanding. It truly warms my heart. Now to the matter at hand." The spy looked behind him, his smile only grew, "I believe you know my associate."

(F/N) heard footsteps behind him, he was half expecting to see Dandelion, but instead of the troubadour, he saw someone else, "Roche?"

Sure enough, the Temerian soldier was standing at the door, his expression was unreadable, "You're in on this to?"

The soldier laughed, as he glanced between the two, "Retired intelligence operatives - we have a club."

The spy grabbed a bottle of booze and raised it before taking a swig. (F/N) was in shock, "You used to serve Radovid. Now you want to assassinate him?"

The Temerian walked over to Dijkstra, Vernon Roche was many things, but he was no traitor, "I'm not proud of it. Yet...I considered all options and found none better. Radovid's proven many times he only forwards his own interests. When Kaedwin asked for help, he invaded. When I begged him to support Vizima's defense, he showed me the door. The war nears its end, we've come to a decisive phase. We must act quickly. I've no illusions. Only a dead Radovid means a free Temeria."