The Battle

Calypso sighed as she stared at the sun in the sky, one of her soldiers walked up to her and spoke, "Lady Calypso, are the rumors true? Is the man truly close to getting the cure?"

The woman sighed as she saw a dark cloud coming in the distance, "If he manages to beat the unbeatable then yes, he shall be close. But I don't know if Lord Hades will allow him to leave his domain. Once the God of The Underworld get's a soul, I've never heard of him giving it back to the land of the living."

The amazon nodded, "But if he get's the apple? Then we can use it for our sisters. Maybe we could..."

Calypso cut her off, "This land is free from lies, from theft, we keep our word, now that Medusa is gone, we are free from violence. We owe the man for that...when he dies, he shall be buried, not exhumed."

Calypso was about to continue speaking, but then there was a loud bang. The Queen jumped as she reached for her sword and drew it, she looked up, just in time to see a large pile of rubble tumbling down. She grabbed her sister and pulled her away from the balcony just as the rubble slammed into it. The balcony collapsed and fell off the fortress. Calypso looked up just in time to see another fireball being shot at the castle, "We're under attack! Get everyone ready!" She ordered, as she stood up, and charged to the opening of the fort as two more fireballs collided with the fortress making it shake.

The Queen looked for any catapults, but there were none. What was shooting at them? The sky darkened even more. Calypso leaned out of the hole, there were bits of light leaking through the darkness. Her eyes widened as she heard the screeching, she recognized the monsters even more, "Striges!" The vampires weren't acting like they usually would, they were usually timid, only attacking at the night, and even then, only one or two would attack at once. Something was making them act this way.

Then she heard a loud rumbling, something or someone was bringing something else. She looked down, the rubble was glowing with pure purple energy. Suddenly, the mud slowly started mixing with the rubble. Calypso squinted, when suddenly a giant hand shot out of the rubble and grabbed onto the balcony. The rubble let out a loud monstrous roar. Calypso slowly backed away and saw that the rocks and mud had formed together into a monster, it's eyes were made of purple energy, it reached for her.

The Queen rolled out of the way just in time, as the stone guardian's fist smashed into the room. She had never seen anything like this. But she knew whatever was going on, it had something to do with the witcher. If he survived the underworld, she was going to kill him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Duchess stormed up the stone walkway towards Dun Tynne castle. The expression on her face was one of fury. Her red dress was slightly muddy, but she didn't care, no one was stopping her from seeing her sister.

Captain de la Tour ran up to her, he was looking all over the area, as if he was expecting something to jump out at them, "Your Grace, you must proceed with caution. Guardsmen saw vampires here. They could still be about."

The duchess sneered angrily, "Vampires or no vampires, my sister is here. Find her."

The captain bit his lip, wanting to please the duchess, but he couldn't do that, "Your Grace, that..."

Suddenly, the castle gate opened, Regis walked out, his expression fell when he saw Her Grace, and he whispered something. Then Syanna walked out, the Duchess' expression changed immediately, "Syanna...It's true - it's you! Sister, dear...what have you gotten yourself into?"

(F/N) beckoned the woman to move away from the door, as he and Geralt moved out. As soon as Syanna and Anna were face to face, the young witcher saw the resemblance. They were both the same height, they had very similar faces, and the same bright green eyes. The similarities ended there. While Anna had a caring and kind look in her eyes, Syanna had a cold, unfeeling look in hers. Even their clothing was different. Syanna's dark simple clothes worked well with her short black hair that was in a ponytail. It was an interesting contrast from Her Grace's beautiful red gown that highlighted her long dirty blonde hair.