The Trial of The Grasses

Triss' quarters were well stocked, she kept her megascope in the distance in case she needed it, along with many magical books. Many of which he had heard of. Many of which he had read multiple times. The people who she was living with gave her and (F/N) two very nasty looks as they walked by. But they said nothing. Which was good. The sorceress let (F/N) sit down, her tone was very serious, "Take your armor and shirt off." The witcher laughed, if this wasn't so serious, he wouldn't have been joking, "All you have to do is ask."

The enchantress rolled her eyes, as he did as he was told. She grabbed a bowel and started grabbing some herbs and mixing them together. (F/N) frowned, as he set his armor down in the corner, "What is that?"

Triss mixed more herbs into the mixture and some various liquids, "A natural remedy to focus the spell."

She turned and looked at the witcher, her eyes widened, she still couldn't wrap her mind around why he looked the way he did, her voice shook, "Gods...(F/N)...if I had known you were this bad...I..."

"You would have done nothing. I wouldn't have let you do anything."

Triss shook her head and walked over to him, "Have you at least tried looking for a way to remedy it or slow the affects down?"

The witcher laughed as the magician traced runes across his stomach, the red liquid looked like blood, his mood worsened, "There is no fixing it, Triss...if I fix myself...well...I'll die."

The enchantress let out a great sigh, as she ran her finger along his chest, drawing another, "And what if you don't? I'm worried about you...this curse...it's a nasty piece of magic...I'll never understand why Yennefer performed the Trial on you...she turned you into..."

The witcher finished her thought, "A monster?"

"You're not a monster."

(F/N) chuckled slightly as Triss drew a rune on his forehead, "You never did learn what happened that night did you?"

The sorceress didn't respond, she had never been told exactly what happened, but the next time she saw Geralt, he had a masked boy with him, and he proclaimed that it was (F/N). Triss had always assumed the witchers had attempted to recreate the Trial, but they needed a sorceress to decipher the notes left by the alchemists. Yennefer had stepped in to fill that role. But everything else was a mystery. She remembered when they thought about performing it on Ciri, she had put her foot down to say the least. The witcher smiled, his red eyes didn't portray any emotion, "Would you like to know, what happened?"

Triss held up the witcher's grey, wrinkled, muscular arms, she ran her fingers over them, covering them with the mixture. She didn't respond for a while, but then she slowly opened her mouth, and said one word, "Yes."

(F/N) nodded, and spoke softly, as Triss moved onto his back, "The only people who were there, were Yennefer, Geralt, Vesemir, Lambert, and Eskel. I've only told this story to Ciri...but that was a long time ago."

"The Trial? What's there to tell?"

The witcher laughed, that was an interesting  thought, the Trial had gone wrong and made him look the way he did, "You think the Trial is why I look like this? That Yennefer had to curse me so I would have these eyes?"

The enchantress paused, then went back to drawing the many runes, they had to be exactly right or else the consequences could be severe. "It isn't? Well...what happened? Why did Geralt have you do it?"

(F/N) smiled, and told the biggest secret, "Geralt didn't make me do it. Nor did Yennefer. I volunteered to."

Triss frowned, "Why would you ever do something so stupid?"