The Warm Farewell

(F/N) sighed as he slowly woke up, he knew Ciri was looking at him, he sighed as he looked down at her. His arm wrapped around her.Sure enough, she was awake, holding him and looking right at him, he ran a hand through her hair, "Hey, Fangs."

"Hey, Swallow."

She rubbed his wrinkled cheek, "This is it...the last time we see each other...before we see each other at the altar."

(F/N) laughed as he ran his fingers through Ciri's white hair, she just stuck with holding him, "Yeah...are you sure you want this..."

"There's no doubt in my mind," she whispered before softly placing a kiss on his lips.

(F/N) smiled slightly as he sat up, "I'll help Nenneke set everything up and welcome the guests that arrive. While you get the guests that are...a ways away."

The witcheress nodded, "That was the plan. And please don't just sing along to Dandelion's ballads while I do all the work."

The witcher chuckled as he got out of bed smiling one last moment at his bride to be, "Can't you stay a little while?"

(F/N) shook his head, "No, come on. Lambert and Keira said they'd be here early."

"(F/N), please," "No," "Please," "No," "Please."

The witcher smiled at her, "No. We'll spend plenty of time together when we're married."

He quickly got dressed, smiling to himself as he knew the witcheress was watching him. He cast her one last smile before he left, and walked down the stairs of the guest room in Geralt's vineyard. He and Ciri were up there while Geralt and Yennefer were in the master bedroom.

As soon as he walked into the main room, he was met with Yennefer's piercing gaze, "It took you long enough, I've heard enough of Nenneke's insistent jabbering. Is Ciri ready?"

(F/N) smiled at his adoptive mother, "She'll be down shortly, ma'am."

"Good," she looked him over and scoffed, "Is that what you're wearing? Your filthy pants and shirt? My daughter is deserving of more, if you show up to the alter in that, I'll drag her away myself."

(F/N) rolled his eyes, "I'm your son, too, Lady Yennefer. I swear I'll put something on more appropriate."

The witcher sighed as he walked out into the fresh air, and took a breath, smiling slightly. Corvo Bianco, had grown exponentially since he had last been here. Geralt had invested nearly all of his reward into making wine in the vineyard and selling it for a profit 'White Wolf' was his brands name. (F/N) made sure to tell his old master he was a narcissist.

The witcher sighed as he walked through all the various tents that had been set up, most of the guests were riding long distances so it would have been cruel not to give them temporary lodgings.

The witcher found Mother Nenneke doing exactly what he expected, chewing out Geralt and Dandelion for doing nothing. As soon as he came closer, the priestess heard him, and wheeled on him, "Finally, the groom awakes."

(F/N) rolled his eyes as he stood next to Dandelion, "It's my wedding, Nenneke. I can't be expected to work."

Dandelion nodded as he put his arm around the witcher, "Exactly, and as the best man..."

Geralt gave the troubadour a look, "You're not the best man."

Dandelion tried to shush him, but it was too late, "And it's not your wedding yet," Nenneke added as she jabbed a finger at (F/N), "That's later. Now you work."

(F/N) and the poet both groaned, "What's first?"

Nenneke gestured to the cellar, "That's the largest room on the vineyard, you're both too clean it out thoroughly, Priscilla is there to supervise."