~Chapter 44~

Olive Gail.

Nick had invited me out for dinner.
I was apprehensive about it.
I would have said no if it wasn't for the persistent messages I was getting from Ivy and the nagging from my mother.
They both told me to give him a chance and that I was being stupid.
Harry had done me wrong and Nick was a nice guy.
So I decided to give Nick a chance.
What harm would it do?

Mum had helped me get ready and had secretly bought me a tight red floral dress to wear for the 'special occasion'. She had sat behind me while I did my makeup and straightened my hair for me as if I were eleven years old.
She was more excited than I was, dressing me up like I was some barbie.
"You're going to have such an amazing time tonight." She grinned. "Not that you look too happy about it."
"I'm not ecstatic. It feels too soon to be doing this. What happened between Harry and I only happened about two weeks ago." I sighed trying to swallow the tears.
"What Harry did to you was wrong. Go out tonight and have a good time ok? Just don't block Nick out and be all grumpy with him."
Just as she finished her sentence the doorbell rang and we both looked at each other knowing it was time.
I took a deep breath in and rose from the edge of my bed before walking down the stairs as slowly as possible.

With a shaking hand I opened the door.
Nick stood there in a pair of black jeans, white shirt and a black blazer.
"Hi" I breathed.
"Hello" he smiled.
"You look fancy."
"Is it too much? I didn't know what to wear so I thought I'd go-"
"You look very nice, Nick." I said and held his forearm.
"Thank you." He smiled.
"Shall we go?" I asked, wanting to get out of the house before my mother had a chance to embarrass me.
"Of course."

We walked side by side as we entered the middle of the city. I loved the city at night. The lights, the movement. The noise. It was magical. It was like being in a trance.
"So, where are we going?" I asked and he stopped in his tracks.
"I've actually got a surprise for you." He said biting his lip.
"Oh god."
He held his hand out for me to take and I reluctantly slipped my hand in his, allowing him to pull me along the busy street.
We walked for about ten minutes before stopping.
"Erm, we're outside the shop." I said and he nodded.
He said nothing back as he unlocked the door and pushed it open for me.
He walked up the stairs infront of me and stopped just outside the door of the store room.
"Ok. Stand here and close your eyes." He said excitedly.
I stood infront of him and felt his hands cover my eyes making me jump.
He pushed open the door and walked me forward, his front pressed against my back.
As we got into the room he took his hands away and I gasped. A picnic blanket was laid on the floor with food and drink all over it. And candles were all over the place. Fake ones of course.
"Nick..."
"Do you like it?"
"It's erm, it's amazing." I said and we sat down next to each other.

We talked about everything and it felt nice to just talk to him so easily.
"Thank you for all this tonight. It's so lovely." I smiled and he nodded.
"Ol', you know I like you." He sighed and my breath hitched in my throat.
All I could do was nod. If I spoke I knew my words would fail me.
My heart pounded as we sat there looking at each other. Oh god.
He was leaning in.
Though I didn't lean in, I let him place his lips on mine. As we kissed his skinny hand cupped my face. I tried to keep my eyes closed and enjoy the moment but my head was spinning.
His hands were cold and our lips didn't move together in a nice way.
He pulled away after a few seconds, his hand still cupping my face.
"What?" I said as he frowned.
"No, nothing."
"What is it?"
He sighed and a grin appeared on his face.
"I just, it didn't feel normal, did it?" He said and I smiled.
"No."
"Felt weird."
I laughed and he removed his hand from my face.
"Friends?" He smiled and I couldn't help but laugh again as he held his hand out to me. I shook it before he took me into his arms hugging me tight.
"Friends."