~Chapter 25~

Harry Styles

I was driving myself crazy by just sitting at work. When lunch rolled around I knew I couldn't sit in that office another second. I grabbed my coat and left.
I wanted to go and see Olive.
Was she at home or was she at work? I was so in my head that I couldn't remember when she worked.
"Fuck" I whispered to myself.
I decided that as the bookstore was on the way to her house I might as well just look in and check if she's working.
As I got to the store and pushed the door open I was met with a warm rush of air and a gasp.
"What are you doing here?"

I was met with a hand on my arm and turned expecting it to be Olive. But instead I saw Ivy. She looked concerned and confused and I couldn't understand why.
"I'm looking for Olive?" I said, my words coming out more like a question than a definite statement.
She just looked me over for a moment and I thought that I was going to have to look round for Olive myself.
I raised my eyebrow a tad and returned her look of confusion.
"Is everything alright?" I asked just wanting an answer already.
"She's not here" Ivy said with a large sigh.
"Ok thank you"
"Wait! Don't go and see her. Not yet" Ivy said touching my arm lightly.
"Why not? What's happened?" I asked.
"She's having a talk with Nick. He told her that he has strong feelings for her and I told them to go and sort it out." Ivy confessed.

I didn't want to believe what I was hearing yet the voice inside me was telling me that I already knew. I knew that Nick liked Olive. Anyone could have seen it. Anyone except Olive.
I was in a state of being torn.
A part of me wanted to just leave them and let them sort out what they needed to.
But the other part of me knew that if they got talking then they might decide to be with each other and I didn't want to let that happen. I couldn't let that happen.

"So you think I'm just going to stand by and let them get together?" I asked harsher than intended.
"No. I don't think that Olive feels that way for Nick. Well, not since you came on the scene" Ivy laughed.
"What are you talking about?"
"Olive won't stop talking about you. But Nick has known her longer. He knows what she's like"
"That's not going to stop me. I care for her. And truth be told I'm really starting to like her. So I won't let her slip away now" i stated.
"I figured you might say that. Could you give this to her?" Ivy asked and handed me a small envelope from her pocket.
I nodded before briskly leaving the shop.
I just hopped I wasn't too late.

Olive Gail
"What are you doing?" I asked quickly, edging away from his lips that were gradually getting closer to me.
"I was going to kiss you" Nick said with a slight smile.
"Well what if I don't want to kiss you?" I said and stood up quickly.
"Oh come on Ol" Nick said with a roll of his eyes.
"No. God what is it with you boys. Kissing means more to me than just a silly little action. Why doesn't anyone get that? I want to kiss who I want to kiss not because I feel forced." I ranted to the surprise of Nick.
"I didn't mean to upset you Ol. I was just thinking-"
"No I don't think you were thinking. I thought we could have a genuinely nice moment together. I have never kissed anyone. I don't want to.  Not yet. Don't make me feel like I have to"
"Ok I'm sorry ok? I was only thinking about me. I promise I didn't mean to upset you Olive" Nick said.

I knew I forgave people too easily. But I didn't have many friends so I couldn't risk loosing one.
I nodded as Nick rose from the sofa to wrap his arms around me.
"Have a good time on your trip Ol, keep in contact with me ok? I'll see you when you get back" Nick said before placing a gentle kiss to the top of my head.
It felt better that way. More like siblings than a couple. That's how I saw it with Nick.
"I'll get going. I've got to get back to the shop" he said and I nodded as I walked over to the door with him.
"I'm sorry" I sighed as I gave him a second hug, the wind from the now open door sending a chill down my spine.
"You're stronger than you think Olive. You just need to find it" he said before walking away from the house.

I knew that I had made the right decision.
After all, I couldn't deny the slowly creeping feelings that I had for Harry.