~Chapter 23~

Harry Styles

I was sat in my office trying to focus on clients and filing papers. I had little work to do so my mind kept wandering to different things I was constantly keeping inside my subconscious. I fiddled with my pencil and tapped it annoyingly on my desk, so much so that I was beginning to annoy myself. I needed to get out of this office, out of this building. I need to get out of my head.
"Hey man, you seem out of it today" Henry said as he popped his head into my office for the tenth time this morning.
"I'm just in my head. I'm fine" I said and typed some random words on my computer to make it seem like I was doing something. He might have been my friend but he was my boss as well.
"I can see you're in your head. What's going on?" He asked, pulling up a chair. He sat in front of me, his eyes examining every movement my face made.
I felt like I was being judged.
It was horrible.
I tried to make it seem like it was nothing by averting my gaze and shrugging my shoulders heavily, but he was seeing straight through me.
Henry narrowed his eyes slightly and tapped his foot on the floor.

"Can you stop?" I sighed and he folded his arms across his chest after loosening his tie.
"No. I can tell something's wrong. Is it the girl?" He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Olive" I said and he clicked his fingers.
"That's it. Olive. Is it her?" He asked and I knew that I had to just be honest and tell him what was going on. It was his business trip after all and I did actually need permission from him to bring her.
I nodded and he grinned.
"What about her?"
"I want her to come on the business trip" I sighed and Henry laughed a little, almost to himself. "Don't laugh" I smirked.
"You worried I won't allow it?" He laughed.
"No. I'm worried that she won't come and I'll have to spend a month away from her and then all the trust we've built up over these past few weeks will be lost" I ranted.
"Woah. That was a hell of a lot deeper than I thought it was going to be." Henry said and I nodded. "Why wouldn't she come?"
"Because I think she's scared. And she has to ask her boss to get the time off work which I think she's reluctant to do. And she's never really been away from home or her mum for that long" I explained and Henry nodded.
"I'm sure it'll all work out." Henry said with a nod.
"I hope so"
"You really like this girl? As in truly like her?" He asked and I didn't really have to spend much time pondering.
"Yes. I do."

Olive Gail

I was terrified.
I didn't want to ask Ivy for the time off of work.
I didn't want her to be upset with me and think I was abandoning her and the shop.
I loved that shop.
Part of me wanted her to say that I couldn't have the time off just so I had a valid excuse not to go.
Yet there was another part of me that wanted to go for the adventure.
But I couldn't predict what would happen with Harry and that scared me.

My heart beat so fast and powerfully that I thought I was having a heart attack as I walked into the shop and saw Ivy sat reading a book.
The little bell rang above the door and Ivy glanced up from the novel she was reading.
She smiled before furrowing her eyebrows.
"Olive? You're not working today" she said and I nodded.
She knew I was nervous. The amount of time I had spent with Ivy meant she could read me as well as she could read the book that was now lying in her lap.
"Sit down young lady and tell me what's wrong" she said with a kind smile.
I sat behind the desk with her and put my head in my hands.
"Olive what's wrong dear? Has something happened?" She asked and I shook my head. "Just start from the beginning and take your time"
I nodded before starting.
"You know Harry? The man I've been seeing?" I asked and she nodded.
"The handsome one" she winked and I laughed.
"Yes. Well he works for a big company and they're going on a business trip next month. It's a month long and-"
"And Harry has asked you to go with him" Ivy finished and I sighed before nodding my head, fiddling awkwardly with the rings on my fingers.
"What do you want to do?" She asked.
"Part of me wants to go. I think it'll be fun. But part of me wants you to tell me I'm not allowed the time off work so I have an excuse not to go" I explained honestly.
"Oh Olive. You've worked here for so long you know I'm not going to say that you can't go. It'll be fun and it'll be an adventure! You can't pass up an opportunity like this" she explained and I was just about to speak when another voice cut me off.

"Seriously Olive? You're going to go away with him for a month and you don't even know him?"
Nick.
"Yes. I think. Why do you care?" I asked and Nick just shook his head.
"Doesn't matter"
"Well it obviously does if you're going to be an asshole to me!" I said standing up in front of him.
"Just drop it"
"No! You're always so grumpy when it comes to Harry! Why can't you just be happy for me?!" I yelled feeling the anger bubble in my chest.
"Because I'm fucking in love with you!"