~Chapter 42~

Olive Gail

"Morning"
"Hi"
The greeting was awkward between Nick and I as I opened the door for him. I could tell he didn't know how to talk to me. All I wanted was to talk normally. I pushed a smile on my face as he stood in the doorway. I reached my arms around his neck and gave him a hug and it was nice to feel him hug me back. It was the first bit of comfort I had since I left Harry.
"Welcome back Ol'" Nick said rubbing my back.
"Thanks. Shall we get going?" I asked, desperate to see Ivy.
"I thought I'd drive us considering you don't like the underground." Nick said as we walked out to his old rickety car.
"H-how do you know I don't like it?" I asked, not remembering that I had ever told him.
"You  told me on one of the first days I met you and I just remembered. I also remember you instructing me on how to make your tea and coffee at work, and how you like hazelnut syrup in your iced coffees. I've never forgotten." he shrugged and an unexpected blush creeped onto my cheeks, despite my attempts to push it down.
"Oh. Right." I said and nodded as I got into the car.

It was silent on the way to the hospital. I was too much in my own head, thinking about how Nick remembered such small details about me from so long ago. Though they were all still relevant, I would have expected him to just brush those details off. Yet as I thought about it, apart from those first times telling him, I've never told him twice about how I like my teas and coffees.
"You ok?" Nick asked putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about how you remembered all those small things about me." I shrugged and he laughed lightly as he turned his eyes back to the road.
"They're not small things Ol. If you like them and that's what you like and enjoy, then it's who you are and thats not a small thing." He said with a slight shrug of his shoulders.
"Thanks Nick." I smiled.
He pulled into a parking spot but before we got out he unbuckled his belt and turned to face me.
"I just want to say that I'm sorry for being a dick to you. I really am sorry and I hope that me and you are good now." He said and I smiled to reassure him.
"We're good."
He reached across and cupped the right side of my face with his hand, my heart racing, and placed a small kiss to my left cheek.
I cleared my throat as he pulled back.
"Sorry."
"No, it's ok." I nodded before opening the car door, trying to calm my shaking hands.

But my hands wouldn't stop shaking all the way up to Ivy's room. Nick went in first and I heard him speak to her, her voice made me smile and I hadn't even seen her yet.
"I've got a surprise for you." I heard Nick say.
"I hate surprises." Ivy sighed and I bit my lip as I heard her groaning.
"Trust me this is a good surprise."
I had to stop and take a deep breath before walking into Ivy's room. I immediately met her eye and she unexpectedly rolled her eyes.
"What are you doing here?" She said with a small smile.
"Nice to see you too."
"No no of course I'm so thrilled to see you. But why are you here? You're not meant to be back for another week or so." She said and I swallowed the tears.
"It just didn't work out so I came home." I sighed and turned my gaze to the floor.
"I'm sorry sweetheart. Was it something to do with Harry?"
I nodded, trying to get away from the subject.
"He lied to me." I said and turned back to Ivy. "But how are you. That's why we're here."
"Oh I'm fine I'm fine. They say I'll be out in a few days. But, I need you two to open the shop for me. I'll pay you for every hour you work no matter how long or how little. I just want it open" she said and both Nick and I nodded.
"We'll open it tomorrow." I said quickly and Nick nodded in response.
"Thank you my loves. Nick, would you go and get me a tea please?" Ivy said flashing her bright smile.
He nodded and walked out of the room.

She turned to me and clicked as she pointed to a blue chair.
"Sit"
I did immediately.
"Now. What happened with Harry?"
I sighed. I didn't want to talk about Harry but I knew she'd get it out of me if I didn't talk.
"He deleted my messages from Nick so that I didn't see them because he was jealous. So all this time Nick was trying to get hold of me to tell me about you Harry just deleted the messages." I said and Ivy rolled her eyes.
"Men. You know Nick wouldn't do that to you." She said, a grin appearing on her face.
"I know he wouldn't. But, but, Nick isn't Harry." I said feeling the tears well up in my eyes.
"You never know."
But no matter what she said to convince me I knew in my heart that Nick wouldn't ever be Harry.