~Chapter 34~

Harry Styles

I was waiting for Liv down in the lobby of the hotel with Henry and Marie

I was waiting for Liv down in the lobby of the hotel with Henry and Marie. I was nervous. I'm not sure why but something felt different about tonight, it felt special almost. Yet it was just dinner.
"So you're not coming out with us tonight?" Henry asked and I shook my head.
"No. I'm taking Liv out for dinner." I said and Marie smiled widely. "What?"
"Just the way she makes you all nervous. It's a nice change. It's sweet" she laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not nervous. I just want to make it nice for her" I shrugged.
"Are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend?" Henry asked raising an eyebrow.
"I don't know. Maybe."
"There's no better time to do it if you like her. Italy is so romantic. And you had your first kiss with her here" Marie grinned and I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah yeah"

What they didn't know was that I had already got a plan to ask Olive to be my girlfriend tonight. After dinner I would take her to the grand bridge over the river and ask her there. It would be beautiful. I just hoped she didn't freak out and say no because she was afraid.
I liked Olive. More than anyone knew. I think we had fallen for each other which was unexpected on both of our parts. But I was looking forward to the journey we would have together. I just hoped she was feeling the same.

I looked up at Marie as she cleared her throat and she nodded towards where the lifts were. I turned and smiled as Liv walked towards us. She looked beautiful dressed in a red dress with an eighties style leather jacket over the top. She had black trainers on and I saw Marie smile.
"Does she ever wear heels?"
I smiled, "no, that's not Liv"
As she reached us she grinned and stood by my side.
"Sorry, I couldn't find my jacket" she smiled.
"Ready to go now?" I asked and she quickly nodded.
"Have fun!" Marie yelled as we walked out of the hotel.

The restaurant was bustling with people. If it wasn't for the fact that we had a table towards the back I don't think I would have been able to hear her, or myself talk.
"You look beautiful tonight by the way" I smiled and Liv looked away, but I noticed the small smile appear on her face.
"Thank you. You look beautiful too" she giggled and I laughed.
"Are you enjoying it?" I asked and she nodded.
"The pizza is lovely" she said and I smiled.
"I meant being on the trip with me"
"Oh. Yes. I'm looking forward to America. I've never been and it's always a place I've wanted to go" she sighed and I nodded.
"It's a beautiful place. You wouldn't be allowed to drink" I said.
"I don't like it anyways. Alcohol isn't for me" she said, scrunching her nose up.
She looked out of the window and I admired how her cheeks had become red from the heat of the restaurant. I took a photo of her and she quickly turned to look at me just as I took a second photo.
"No dont" she said and covered her face.
"Why?" I asked showing her the photos.
"Oh god they're awful" she groaned.

I put the phone down and took her hands in mine. She pouted, "I hate photos of me. They're always so ugly"
"You're not ugly. Not in the slightest. I love that photo" I smiled.
"Liar"
"I'm not lying" I said and she sighed. I leaned over the table and quickly pressed a kiss to her cheek.
"This is beautiful by the way"she smiled.
"Well the evening isn't over. I thought we could take a walk across the bridge after we've finished here" I suggested, praying that she would agree.
"Ok. It's always so pretty at night with all the lights" she smiled and I cheered in my head.

I felt confident when we were in the restaurant, but now we were actually on the bridge my nerves started to show up.
We stood side by side looking down into the river, admiring all the little boats and the people who walked by. Olive's hair floated gently with the breeze and her cheeks were no longer a deep shade of pink. The reflection off the river hit her eyes at just the right angle, making them sparkle brightly.
This was the perfect moment and I couldn't risk the moment going away.
"Olive I need to ask you something" I said and she turned her upper body to face me.
"Ok."
"You're happy with how we are right?" I asked and she smiled at the ground momentarily before lifting her eyes up to meet mine.
"Of course. I've never felt more comfortable with anyone like I am with you Harry. You've definitely changed how I feel about a certain few things" she giggled and I smiled.
"Then, would you be my girlfriend, and make this official?" I asked and my heart raced as the smile slowly faded from her face.
"What?"
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked again.
"I don't know. I'm scared. I don't want to be hurt Harry." She said and I took one of her hands in mine.
"Olive I promise you that I would never hurt you. I can promise you that. There's no need to be scared. I'm here for you and we'll figure this out together" I said hoping to reassure her.
She searched my eyes for a few moments before nodding her head slightly.
"Ok. Let's give it a go" she said and I smiled before taking her into my arms. She wrapped her arms around me and I held her close to me, taking in the feeling of her pressed against me. It felt right to be with Olive, I didn't want anyone else.