~Chapter 13~

Olive Gail

Olive Gail

"Have you been at work?" I asked Harry as we sat in the playhouse cafe again. He gestured towards what he was wearing and raised one of his dark eyebrows.
"What?" I asked with a shrug.
"I wouldn't wear this on a normal day." He smiled and I nodded.
We ate away in silence before I decided to speak what was on my mind.
"So are these lunches dates?" I asked nervously.
Was I ready to date?
Did he seriously want to date me?
Harry looked up at me and shook his head with a frown.
"No. No dates are special. We'll call these mini dates" he said and I nodded. 
I cleared my throat and a spur of adrenaline rushed through me as I spoke my mind again.
"You look very nice today Harry" I said and he grinned back at me.
"Don't I look nice all the time?" He asked and I became flustered.
"Well-I mean-"
"I was joking. Thank you" he said and i felt my stomach twist as he placed his hand over mine.

That smile. He has such a lovely smile. It seemed to be contagious. Every time he smiled I wanted to smile. He was just handsome in general which is why I couldn't understand why he was sat here with me? Surely a man like him could be with a lovely woman, of higher class and beauty.

"I actually wanted to see if you were free this weekend" Harry said looking down at his plate.
I pretended to think about whether I had any plans, knowing very well my social life was non existent.
"I am free this weekend. All weekend" I said and he smiled one of those smiles.
"Good. So, would you like to go on a date?" He asked and I was certain that all the blood in my body rushed to my cheeks, my heart beating faster than it's ever beaten before.
"As in a real date? A proper date?" I asked barely above a whisper.
He nodded, both his eyebrows raised.
"A proper date."
"What would we do?" I asked, trying to stall.
"Well, there's this little cinema near where I am that is showing old films and I think on Saturday they're showing 'The Notebook' or something" he said and I nodded.
"I've never seen it all the way through" I said and he looked at me surprised, "what?! Ive seen the beginning."
"Girls love that film!" He said and I shrugged.
"Well I guess I'm different" I said but he smiled.
"You'll love it by the time it's finished"
"Are you assuming I'm saying yes to the date?" I said and grinned.

Harry looked flustered. He flickered his eyes around and I noticed that he kept looking for words but failing. He finally looked me in the eye and spoke.
"Yes. Yes I am assuming you're saying yes" he said and I laughed a little.
"Then you'd be assuming correctly" I said with a smile.
I was giving in to change. I still wasn't sure about being in a relationship but a few dates couldn't hurt. I assumed it would be nice to go on a date with someone.
"You seem unsure" he said and I shrugged.
"I think a date would be nice I just, Im just. You're s good looking man and successful and I just wonder why you're doing this for someone like me?" I said but I couldn't keep his gaze. It became too intimidating.
"Listen to me" he said and held onto my forearms. "Stop thinking that you're any less than I am. I'm no better than you and I think you're a lovely girl Olive. I'm not doing this for some twisted joke. I told you, I'm lonely. There's something in it for both of us"
All I could really do was nod. I couldn't find the words I wanted to say. No matter what he said I still couldn't believe it.
"So. I'll come and get you at around 6 on Saturday?" Harry asked and I nodded.

After we paid for our food and drinks Harry walked me back to work. We walked in silence side by side, Harry occasionally putting his hand on my lower back to guide me through the lunch time crowds.
"Thank you for lunch, and walking me back" I smiled.
"Not a problem. It's nice to have some company over lunch" he said and I nodded. "Hey, that Nick guy, he doesn't bother you does he?"
"No. We don't always see eye to eye but he's nice" I shrugged.
"Do you think he's in to you?" Harry asked and I laughed.
"No. No one is in to me" I giggled.
My laughing was interrupted by Harry placing a gentle kiss to my cheek, his fingers rested gently under my chin.
"You need to stop thinking that"