~Chapter 35~

Olive Gail

I had a boyfriend. A nice boyfriend who was handsome beyond belief. I had text mum straight away and she responded with several capitalised texts.
It was strange waking up in the arms of someone else, and walking hand in hand with someone, knowing they're yours and you're theirs. But as strange as it felt, I had never felt happier.

"I don't want to leave" I pouted as Harry and I walked hand in hand through the airport. He squeezed my hand and smiled down at me.
"I know but we're moving on to the second part of our adventure" he winked.
I smiled and looked ahead of me. I saw a little bookshop and my heart suddenly yearned to be home in London.
I pulled Harry towards the shop and he smiled as I let go of his hand and admired all the books. I had heard of all of these books before and most were travel based books but they were still interesting to me.
I ran my hand along their spines and read all of the titles and authors.
"You like books?"
I turned and a young man was stood next to me, also looking at the books. He had brown hair and dark brown eyes that seemed to smile as he spoke.
"I love books. I work in a bookstore in London" I nodded and he nodded.
"They're interesting aren't they."
"Definitely. Although in my shop we have a lot more than in here" I said and he rolled his eyes causing me to laugh lightly.
"Because you're not in an airport" he smiled.
"Ok I'll give you that"
"So where are you going?" He asked and I giggled again.
"Why? Going to stalk me are you? Murder me?" I said and it was his turn to laugh.
"No, I just think you're attractive"
My breath caught in my throat but I knew I had to say something.
"Oh you're flirting?"
"What if I was?"
"I'd say that you don't know me and I have a boyfriend" I shrugged and he sighed.
"Should have guessed." I gave him a half smile.

I found it strangely gratifying some stranger telling me that I was attractive. But it didn't compare to the butterflies I got when it came from Harry.

"Liv come on we have to go" Harry said and I turned to see him walking towards me. The smile had left his face. I nodded and joined him before giving the boy a small wave.
I tugged the straps of my handbag onto my shoulder as I tried to keep up with Harrys long strides.
"Harry, Harry!" I said as I tried to grab onto his arm. He didn't slow.
"Harry will you stop being an arse and tell me what's wrong?" I said and stood still.
He turned quickly on his heel to face me.
"He was flirting with you" he scoffed and I couldn't help but giggle. "What's so funny?"
"You. Yes he was flirting but I told him that I had you as soon as he made it clear he was flirting." I said and Harry closed his eyes briefly.
"I'm sorry Ol'. I shouldn't have overreacted so quickly." He sighed and I stood on my toes to press a kiss to his cheek.
"It's ok" I smiled and he took my hand in his as we continued to walk.
"I'm surprised you didn't get mad at me for getting annoyed" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Why would I?"
"Most girls probably would get annoyed"
"Well I'm not" I smiled and gave his hand a squeeze.

Harry Styles
Olive snuggled into my side as we sat down in our seats, ready for the long flight ahead.
"I hate flying" Olive giggled and I smiled before wrapping my arm around her.
"Sorry" I said and kissed the top of her head.
I looked over at Marie who was smiling in our direction.
"Are you together?" She mouthed and I quickly nodded back at her. She smiled and clapped her hands together. I nodded my head before she turned to look out of the window.

I smiled to myself as Olive wriggled to get comfy, her head now resting on my lap, my arm still around her. Just as I noticed her breath was getting slower and more even, her phone vibrated on the table in front of us. I debated whether to pick it up and look who it was or just leave it alone. After all it wasn't any of my business.
I looked out of the window trying to shake of the urge to look at he phone. I knew I shouldn't. I should just forget it.
But something in me was telling me it wasn't just a normal message and I didn't know why. I had to look.
I slowly reached forward and picked up her phone from the table. The first thing I noticed made me smile. She had changed her phone lock screen to one of me that she had taken on our walk around the city.
But then my focus came back to the message. I swiped her phone open and went onto her messages to see that it was from Nick.
'I hope you're having a good time. I miss you being here with me x'

I didn't know how to feel.
I knew that she had turned Nick down, but I didn't know how close they truly were, or whether they had history before her and I started seeing each other.
I stared at the message.
If she saw this, she could have a change of heart and want to fly back home. But she would see it. There's no way she wouldn't.
I knew I shouldn't have done it.
But there was no turning back.
Once I pressed the 'delete message' button and closed down the app I knew that what I had done was final.
If she ever found out, she'd hate me. I placed the phone back where it was so she wouldn't suspect anything before closing my eyes, trying not to think about it.