~Chapter 29~

Olive Gail

Harry had told me that tonight with all his business friends was going to be casual. Yet I couldn't stop myself from being stressed out. I had already done my makeup but for the life of me I couldn't choose what to wear. It took me at least twenty minutes to decide on a pair of jeans and a slightly cropped jumper. I left my hair straight and put on some white trainers.
"Liv you nearly ready?" Harry yelled from outside the bathroom. I don't know why but hearing the new nickname from his lips send a shiver down my spine.
I stuck my head out of the bathroom, "Did you just call me Liv?"
"Oh shit sorry I didn't even think about it I'm sorry"
"No no I- I actually like it" I smiled before stepping out of the bathroom.
"You look lovely" Harry smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back and felt a tingle down my spine as his hand rubbed the bare skin of my mid back.

As we walked down to the lobby of the hotel, Harry kept a hand on my back the whole time, making a blush stay prominent on my cheeks. I got nervous as I saw that Harry had walked over to his friends, leaving me on my own.
I couldn't be left on my own.
I felt the stress rise up inside of me.
"So, everyone this is Olive" Harry said, quickly coming to stand by my side again.
"Hello" I smiled, giving the group of business men a small wave. I was met with a few greetings and smiles from them before we all made our way out of the hotel as a group.
"Where are we going?" I whispered to Harry as he kept his hand firmly on my waist.
"I have no idea" he whispered back causing me to try and suppress my laughter into a small giggle.

We ended up in a small restaurant next to the river and I made sure that Harry and I weren't separated. He sat on one side of me and Marie sat on the other side of me. I learned quickly that Marie was the most talkative out of the group and Harry was definitely one of the quieter ones. While the others talked about plans and business strategy, Harry say quietly, sipping gently on the wine that had been placed in-front of him.
"Are you ok?" I whispered over to him.
"I'm ok. I just like observing" he smiled. "How are you doing?"
"I'm ok. Everyone is so proper" I laughed.
"They won't be when we get to the club" Harry smirked and my stomach knotted.
I had never been in a club before and anticipated that I wouldn't like it. Besides, I don't drink or dance.
I felt worried immediately at the thought of being in there. Harry was handsome and surely wouldn't stay with me the entire time. He'd surely find a girl much more suited to the club environment and I would become a second thought.

The worry persisted for the rest of the dinner. I could hardly speak to anyone, the anxiety made me feel like I was going to be sick. My legs kept shaking under the table, and no matter how many times Harry placed his hand on my thigh and told me to stop I just couldn't. The thought of the club kept popping up and made the shaking start again.

The shaking spread to my hands as we stood outside the building. Music was blaring so loud I thought my brain was rattling inside my skull. Everyone started going in but my legs wouldn't walk forward. They wouldn't move.
"Aren't you coming?" Harry asked.
"I can't. I've never done this" I said covering my ears with my hands, not liking the loud music.
"Shit I forgot. I'm sorry" he said close enough to my ear that I could hear him.
"You go. I'll go back to the hotel and I'll see you later" I smiled but Harry quickly shook his head.
"I'm not leaving you. Come on. We'll go for a walk" he said and held his hand out for me to take.
"No Harry go inside. I'll be ok" I nodded.
Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and walked away from the blaring building.

"You didn't have to come. I would have been fine" I said as we sat by the dock, dangling our legs over the edge.
"I told you I wasn't going to leave you. Besides, this is a lot better, a lot prettier" he smiled.
"It is lovely here"
It was a typical scene. The moon was out and bright, the stars above shone and there was only a faint sound of music. The sound of the flowing water beneath us was calming. I couldn't have pictured a better scene.
"I wasn't talking about the place Liv" he said.
I turned my head and immediately our eyes locked. I wanted to kiss him. I thought he wanted to kiss me as well. The look in his eyes was the same as it was in the cinema. But I couldn't.
"Harry I can't" I whispered as his face slowly got closer to mine.
"Why?" He whispered not moving away.
"I-I haven't kissed anyone before. I'll embarrass myself" I said and looked down.
"Is that what you're worried about?"
"Yes"
"I thought it was because you didn't want to kiss me" he said and I moved my eyes back to meet his.
"No. I mean. Yes. I mean-"
"Olive"
"Yes" I breathed, just as Harry pushed his lips to mine.