~Chapter 20~

Olive Gail

"What happened to you this weekend?"
"Huh?"
"You seem very disconnected. And I sent you a message you never replied to"

Nick was right. I was disconnected. I kept replaying this weekend over in my head. I could barely make sense of it. It only hit me that I never looked at my phone until he said about messaging me. Nick seemed concerned. He had never really been concerned about me before. He had no reason to.
"I'm fine" I shrugged and went back to sipping on my tea.
"You're not fine. I can see that you're not your usual self" he said and raised an eyebrow, awaiting an explanation that I didn't want to give.
"It's just been a long weekend"
"Is this about Harry? Did he hurt you?" Nick asked and I couldn't hold back the scoff that rose from my throat.
"No. Just a mishap" I shrugged.
"What happened?"
"I didn't kiss him so he went and slept with someone else" I sighed and went back to organising books and boxes.
"Olive are you serious?"
"Yeah. But it's ok" I shrugged.
"No. No it's not ok. What were you thinking?" He asked and held onto my upper arms.
"Nothing. I'm fine Nick stop overreacting" I said just as the front door bell rang indicating someone had entered the shop.
I looked down at my watch and immediately know that it would be Harry. I met Nick's eyes and it was as if he was seeing red. I gasped as Nick moved me gently to one side.
"No no no no" I said and quickly placed the books I was holding onto the floor.

Nick was already half way across the shop by the time I had made it down the stairs. I gasped as I saw him advance towards an unexpecting Harry. I looked around and was glad that the shop was empty.
"You're a prick" I heard Nick say as he pushed against Harry's chest.
"What the hell are you talking about?" Harry retaliated.
"Nick!"
"You think you can just take advantage of her like that?! Are you kidding me?" Nick shouted and pushed Harry again.
I gasped and quickly jumped in infront of Nick.
"Are you kidding me?" I asked, staring at Nick and placed a hand against Harry's stomach
"So you're going to defend him?"
"No. It is not right what he did but we have talked. And when have you ever cared about me? When have you ever cared about me and enough to know what I was doing or what was happening in my life?" I argued.
"I've always cared!"
"Bullshit" I scoffed. "Harry lets go. I'll be back in an hour" I said to Nick before pushing Harry out of the door, following close behind him.

I stood opposite Harry for a moment before clutching him in my arms

"Are you ok?" I asked before pulling away and holding onto the front of his blazer.
"I'm fine. I was just about to ask you the same question" he said.
"I'm ok. Nothing I haven't dealt with before." I said, pushing a small smile on my face.
"Come on. Let's go and sit down somewhere" he said and sneakily wrapped an arm around my waist.
"I've actually got food in my bag" I said and Harry nodded.
"Let's go back to my office then. I've got some paperwork to fill out" he said and I nodded.

I felt intimidated whenever I came into this building.  But found sanctuary in Harrys office, away from judgement and gossips.
I sat on his couch and started eating the lunch I had packed for myself.
"That looks nice" Harry said smiling at me from his desk.
"Want one?" I asked holding up one of the homemade sandwiches.
"Sure." He smiled and I smiled back as I rose from my seat and handed it to him. "Thank you" he said leaning up and planting a kiss to my cheek. 
I felt the blush creep onto my face and watched as he smirked.
As soon as I sat back down a man burst into Harrys office.
"Jesus Christ Henry" Harry gasped.
"Sorry Harry but-" Henry interrupted himself as Harry nodded over to where I was sat. Henry looked over at me.
"Ah. Nice to meet you" he said and I smiled. "Anyways, Harry I need confirmation that you're coming on the business trip next month?" Henry asked and I furrowed my brows.
"Yes I am." Harry said and quickly met my eye and I knew he had realised that I was confused. 
"Cool. Thanks mate." Henry said before walking out again.

I didn't know whether I should ask him or just leave it and wait for him to bring it up. I looked down at my phone and waited. I didn't want to seem like I was desperate to know where Harry was going. Even though I desperately wanted to know.
The silence only lasted a minute before he broke it sending a sense of relief through me.
"It's a business trip. We go from country to country promoting and negotiating. We're usually away for about a month" Harry explained and I felt my mouth open.
"A month? Seriously?" I asked and he nodded.
"It's quite fun. We only work for around four hours a day so the rest of the time is ours in all these beautiful places." He said, the smile gradually getting bigger on his face.
"Oh. A month is a long time" I said and let my eyes wander to the floor. I tried not to sound disappointed, but I don't think I hid my true feelings of disappointment from him very well.
"You're going to miss me?" He grinned.
"No. No of course not." I said, the redness slowly creeping back onto my face.
"Sure."
"I should probably be going back to work now" I said and Harry nodded.
"I'll walk you back" he said and I smiled.

We walked side by side in a comfortable silence. I enjoyed the feeling of our hands occasionally brushing. I didn't like saying goodbye to Harry after lunch. He was the only one i felt I could talk to properly.
"Well, I'll message you tonight" I sighed as we stood outside the shop.
"I will reply. Just call me if Nick gives you any grief" Harry said and I nodded quickly.
"I will. See you later" I said and smiled as he hugged me.
I waved as he walked away.

That evening I got a text from Harry saying he couldn't sleep and that he was going to ring me. I nervously waited for the phone to ring. When it did I answered it immediately.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
"Here's a thought. Now it's just an idea but...what if you came with me on my trip?" He asked and I shot up in bed, my heart rate increasing, my eyes widening.
"What?! Are you crazy?!"
"No. Not really. I want you to come with me"

 I want you to come with me"