~Chapter 12~

Olive Gail

"How long have you been in here?"
"Erm. Like an hour"
"Work doesn't start till nine"
I had woken up earlier than I had anticipated and had nothing else to do. I came into work an hour early, made myself a tea and started to read a book in a corner of the back room. It was a great book and I was getting into it before Nick came barging in with his silly questions.

"I had nothing else to do so I thought I'd come here. I like it here" I shrugged and he shook his head with a smile.
"You're crazy" he said and I shrugged again.
"That's your opinion" I smiled.
He sat next to me and crossed his legs. He let out a large sigh and I looked over at him, putting my mug down. He looked thoughtful but I didn't want to ask him. I didn't like it when people asked about what I was thinking.
"Olive can I talk to you about something?" Nick asked and I nodded.
"Of course you can" I smiled.
"Do you like Harry?" He asked and I was taken back by his question. I wasn't expecting him to ask about Harry.
"I guess so"
"No no like like" he said and I shook my head.
"No. No I don't" I said and he nodded. "Why do you ask?"

He looked uncomfortable as he sat there. He shifted and wiped his hands on his jeans. He adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat before he began to explain.

"I only ask, well, because, Im worried for you" he said and I scoffed standing up.
"Why is everyone so worried?! Im being noticed for once and no one is supporting me. Im not a child for fucks sake!" I said and stormed out of the back room and down the stairs.

Nick Maine

I was shocked that Olive had raised her voice. She rarely ever does. I was already to tell her and now I was gobsmacked. She had already walked out by the time I could call her back in. I groaned and rose from my seat. I'd messed it up again.
I decided I would clear up the back room until Ivy got in at lunch time.
I walked down to the main shop and saw Olive sorting out shelves as Ivy stood at the counter. I walked over to Ivy and lent against one of the wooden beams.
"Whats got her knickers in a knot?" Ivy said with a smile and nodded towards Olive. "She came downstairs just as I was coming in muttering to herself."
I shrugged but Ivy knew better. I had been talking to her about it. The woman knew.
"I don't know" I said but Ivy shook her head with a smile.
"Did you tell her?"
"No. I tried but I obviously said something wrong and she stormed out before I could say anything" I said.

Ivy grinned and I knew I wasn't going to like what came next.
"I'll give you a shot" she whispered just as the bell above the door rang. Ivy opened her mouth to speak and my heart started to race again, but she was interrupted.
"Hey Olive" we heard and both looked towards Olive.
"Harry!" She said and I watched as the pair hugged.
It shocked me at how two strangers could become so close so quickly. I'm sure they didn't know anything about each other. I had known Olive for about a year now. I'm sure I knew more about her than he did and even I knew barely anything about her.
"Are you on lunch yet?" He asked her and Olive looked towards the clock.
"I am in five minutes" she said and Harry smiled causing me to roll my eyes.

"Go upstairs" Ivy whispered and I went without question.
I listened in to what was happening downstairs.
"Olive love can you go and grab me a book from upstairs please?" I heard Ivy ask and I wiped my hands on my jeans as I heard her come up the stairs.
She came into the room and gave me a little smile.
"Olive can we talk?" I asked and she sighed but nodded. She was too lovely to go back downstairs if she knew I wanted to talk.
"Ok."
"Olive Im sorry for what I said earlier it wasn't my intention to upset you" I said taking a step towards her.
"I'm fine. I just don't like it when people like, underestimate who I am" she explained and I nodded.
"I know I shouldn't have done that I wanted to talk to you about something properly" I said and she nodded.
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"It can wait. Go with Harry" I said with a smile but secretly hating it when she smiled and walked out of the room.
I had let her go.
But she had to be happy.