~Chapter 27~

Olive Gail

"Are you sure you have everything you need?"
"Yes. I've triple checked"
"Ok. And you're extremely sure?"
"Yes mum I promise"
"We can always get stuff if we do forget anything"

Harry was the voice of reason when me and my mother were in this state. Through the very anxious days and nights that had been leading up to today he was always coming in with the right things to say. Not that that really calmed Mum down.

I thought the airport smelled funny and there were too many people for my liking, bumping into each other, their suitcases tripping other people up, swearing and getting angry at each other.

My palms had been sweating all morning, my stomach spun in anxious knots. I couldn't remember the last time I had been on a plane and the concept of not knowing what was going to happen frightened me, and I didn't think I was doing a very good job of hiding my anxiety.

I hugged Mum tight, wanting to walk away before she started to cry, yet not ready to let her go.
"I love you" she whispered and I nodded.
"I love you too. I'll ring you every day. I promise" I whispered back.
"Look after my baby Harry" Mum said taking him into her arms.
"I will. I promise." He said whilst rubbing her back gently.
"Right. You guys better go" she said and I nodded quickly as I saw the tears build in her eyes. I smiled over my shoulder as we walked away and gave her a last wave.
I felt that I was starting to become a new person with the few steps I took away from her. I had to be more confident, more independent, more myself. I trusted Harry to look after me but I knew he wouldn't be there all the time and I would have to take care of myself.

Harry led me to a private bar and lounge which I felt very out of place being in while wearing my leggings, crop top and bright red cardigan. Harry looked as stylish as ever yet only wearing a simple outfit of black jeans and a simple t-shirt. Yet even in his attire it was evident he was meant to be there. His posture and the business flare in his eyes warned people that he was important.
We sat opposite each other on deep chairs not making any conversation. It was the first time that I had truly felt an overwhelming sense that I was Harry's inferior. I had felt it before but not like this.
He sipped from a tall champagne glass while I took no notice of the glass he had poured for me. I didn't like alcohol. It did horrible things to people.
"So, where-"
"We need to go now" Harry said abruptly, cutting my sentence short. I was taken back. I couldn't tell what was wrong but something was definitely wrong. While Harry was important he had no right to cut me off like that.
I dragged my suitcase and handbag behind me as he walked briskly away. I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"That's Harry for you" I heard from behind me causing me to gasp. I turned my head to see a brunette woman walking beside me. I noticed her accent straight away.
She had a medium build and had hair that just reached the top of her chest. Her makeup was applied beautifully and her simple outfit of jeans and a jumper complimented her figure. She looked no more than thirty.
"Is it?"
"I'm Marie. I deal with all the paper work and keep everyone organised on the trips" she smiled and I nodded.
"Olive. I'm Harrys erm friend?" I said.
"Yes I've heard about you. Well us girls will have to stick together surrounded by all this testosterone" Marie laughed and I smiled along with her. "So how old are you again?"
"I'm nineteen."
"Oh god you're a baby. I'm thirty" she sighed.
"Are we all sat together on this flight?" I asked her, half expecting to have to sit in standard class while they're all in business class.
Marie laughed and I furrowed my eyebrows at her laughter. "Oh god, we have to sit together, it's a private jet my love"

I didn't know how to respond. I had never seen a private jet never mind been on one. I tried to keep my composure as we walked up the steps to the plane but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop my hands from shaking.
I looked at Harry and saw that he was sat next to another man, already deep in conversation. I panicked.
He was meant to be looking after me.
What the hell was I meant to do now?
"You can sit here beside me" Marie said, patting the seat beside her.
I smiled and placed myself next to her.
"Thank you" I whispered.
"You don't seem impressed" she said.
"Well it seems as if Harry can't bear to be near me and we've not even left the country. I feel not wanted already" I snorted.
"Is that how you feel?"

I turned and Harry was stood above us, a notably neutral expression on his face. Yet his voice sounded concerned.
"Yes" I squeaked.
"Come with me" he said and held out his hand to me.  I stood up but didn't take his hand.
I simply followed him to the back of the plane and behind a curtain.