~Chapter 6~

Harry Styles

I couldn't tell if this girl was insane or just joking. I gawped at her. She had huddled into her yellow raincoat and didn't look at me.
I couldn't believe what She had said. Love didn't exist? What the hell had happened to her to make her think that? She must have been seriously hurt to think that.

"You're joking" I scoffed and I watched as she started to shake her head.
"No."
"Whats your name?" I asked and turned my whole body towards her.
"Olive Gail" she said.
I nodded and held out my hand to her.
"Harry Styles" I said and she shook my hand.
Her skin was soft and her hands were dainty. The metal from her ring clashed with mine.
I noticed that her eyes were a deep shade of hazel. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me.
"So, who hurt you so bad to make you think Love doesn't exist?"
"No one. I've never had a boyfriend" she shrugged and I wanted to rip out my hair.
"Love does exist" I said.
"No it doesn't" she giggled.
"I can prove to you that love is real" I scoffed and only considered my decision in a split second.
"Not a chance in hell"
"Give me a chance"
Well, at least I wouldn't be lonely anymore.
"I dont know you. You could just be doing this to kidnap me and then sell me on the black market" she said.
"Seriously. I can make you see that love is real"
She didn't respond for a while. "Trust me"
"This is crazy."
"At least let me get your number" I said and she sighed and held her hand out.

I quickly placed my phone into her hand and she typed in her name and number, and took a photo of herself for her contact photo.

I had to agree with her. It was crazy. We'd known each other about five minutes and already I was promising to change her life. But I had nothing to loose. It would be an evident challenge that I was up for.
"How old are you?" I said and she smiled.
"I'm nineteen" she said and I nodded.
Bit younger than I perhaps would have gone for but age was just a number.
"Twenty four" I said and she nodded back at me.
"What do you do Mr Styles?" She asked with a grin and I cleared my throat.
"I er, I work in business management" I said and she nodded. "You?"
"I work in a book shop" she told me. "It's in between the Starbucks and Nike shop on the upper end of Oxford street."
"Oxford street?" I asked and she nodded. "I work on Oxford Street, around the middle I guess" I said and she smiled.
"It's like some twisted fate" she laughed.

I smiled at her. She was a very pretty girl. I thought the same thing when I saw her first yesterday. Now I had attached myself to her without even knowing who she was. But I was up for the adventure. Perhaps this stranger would be the cure to my constantly feeling lonely.

"I better get home. Gerty will be getting cold" she said and re attached the little dog to it's lead.
"Well as my first act of showing you that love exists I'll walk you home" I said and stood up with her.
We walked side by side and I considered holding her hand as it swung back and forth.
No.
No it was too quick for that. But I did put my hand on the small of her back as we crossed the road.

We arrived at her house and I realised that we didn't actually live that far apart. Three stops on the underground and id get to my house in about ten minutes. I could probably walk it.
"Well. Night Olive" I said and she smiled.
"Good night Mr Harry Styles" she said and waved me good bye as I left her stairs.
She was odd. I could tell that already. But I liked it.