~Chapter 28~

Olive Gail

I was nervous.
I could feel his breath tickle my face.
His chest almost against mine due to the tight space.
I didn't know what this tiny backroom was needed for but it wasn't convenient.
"We don't have long" he sighed.
"Then let's not talk now" I said and rolled my eyes at him.
I turned away from him and pushed back the curtain, walking back briskly to my seat. I slumped down and quickly pushed my headphones in.
I could have cried.
I would have cried, if I wasn't surrounded by posh business men.
I was almost glad when I felt the tiredness wash over me.

Harry Styles

I didn't know why Olive was feeling that way. I couldn't even try to ask her again. I walked over to Marie and saw her curled up asleep on the seat.
"Aren't you two meant to be sharing a room together?" Marie asked as she grinned up at me.
"Yes but I'm sure-"
"No no no. I arranged all the rooms. No switching. There are no spare rooms. No. Woman up and get it dealt with" Marie grinned.
"Oh come on. What am I meant to do?!" I groaned slumping down opposite them.
"Shh. You've been an arse to her this morning from what I've seen. Apologise. Make her feel part of it at tonight's dinner. I've made sure its a casual one with just us to start off with so she'll feel comfortable" Marie said and started to scroll on her phone.
"How am I meant to do that?"
"Focus on her. Introduce her. Keep your arm round her god Harry it's not rocket science. When was the last time you had a girlfriend?" She scoffed.
"It's been a while ok?"
"Why do you think that is?"
"Is it your business?"
"Well. I'm curious. Because Henry was blabbing about how you left a club with a woman the other night and yet here you are with a girl who seems nothing like the woman he described. You gotta stop that shite." She lectured, her Irish accent making it seem harsh.
"I know"
"So on this trip you treat this girl like a fucking princess" she said pointing a manicured finger at me.
"Ok ok. Jesus you're scary" I scoffed before walking back to sit with Henry. "Why are women such handfuls?"
"You just have to treat them right my friend" he laughed before I rolled my eyes.

The flight over to Italy wasn't too long. It was bearable. I still hadn't spoken to Olive as we arrived to the hotel. It was a gorgeous hotel I had stayed in once before. It was classy and elegant and I knew Olive would love it. I just hoped that we could make up before the dinner that evening.

"What do you think of the room?" I asked as I followed Olive into the pre booked suite.
She looked around at the wide open space and I watched in mild adoration as she marvelled over all the little details. She traced her finger over the flower patterns on the gold wallpaper until her eyes came to land on the overly large bed. The only bed.
"Is that for both of us?" She asked.
"Yes. It's big enough and I don't take up much room" I smiled.
"Right. Do you mind if I just get in the shower quickly?" She asked and I nodded.
As she closed the bathroom door I started to unpack my suitcase.
I smiled as I heard her start to hum from inside the shower. I started to sing along with her humming as I continued to put away clothes from my case.

I continued singing and staring out of the window when all my clothes had been put away. Italy was such a beautiful place. I could see myself moving out here.
"You have a lovely voice" I turned and Olive was standing in the door of the bathroom. She was dressed in a large jumper and some grey leggings.
She folded her arms over her chest and smiled.
"Thank you. Olive can we talk?" I sighed and she nodded.
We sat together on the bed side by side.
"Look I'm sorry for being really off today. I admit I've been an asshole and I truly am sorry. I want to make you feel comfortable and I want you to trust me. I promise that I'll do that" I said and she slid her hand over mine.
"I know. I know this is probably a big deal to you, me coming with you, I promise I won't get in the way"  she giggled and I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer to me.
"It is a big deal but you mean a lot to me ok?"
"I do?"
"Of course you do. I really do care about you Olive"