~Chapter 7~

Olive Gail

I smiled to myself as I walked down stairs and into the kitchen.
"You're looking happy today" Mum said and I nodded, maintaining the smile that I woke up with.
"I met a very attractive man last night. His name is Harry Styles and hes twenty four" I said and mum coughed as she sipped her cup of tea.
"Seriously?"
"Uh huh. He said that he can show me that love exists" I said and mum smiled.
"Did he seem nice?"
"He seemed very nice. He works in that fancy business management building on Oxford street" I said and I saw mums eyes widen.
"You're not messing with me now" she said and I shook my head.
"No. But I don't expect it to go anywhere. He's not going to change my mind" I said and she shook her head.
"Go and take your pills. We need all positivity. I'm getting those grandchildren" she said and pushed me into the bathroom and watched me swallow down my pills.
"What are you doing today?" She asked and I sighed.
"I have work then Melanie then Gerty" I said and she nodded.
"Well I'm home all day If you need anything ok?" She said.

Mum was a mediator so she could work from home a lot of the time when she wasn't dealing with clients. Even when she did have client meetings she would sometimes invite them here and use our main study room.

I walked to work and made sure I looked extra carefully at everyone I passed just incase I saw him. I was a bit disappointed. I liked his personality even in the short time I spent with him yesterday. The thought of Harry along with the heavy medication made me feel light and chipper. I got into work and gave my usual response to how I was doing. As soon as Nick arrived I pulled him into the kitchen and shut the door.
"Hey now I know I took you out but it doesn't mean I want any-"
"I met someone" I told him and shuffled on my feet, plastering a grin onto my face.
I watched as Nick furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.
"What are you talking about?" He asked and I giggled a little.
"So yesterday I was walking Gerty and I saw this man, his name is Harry and he's twenty four and he's very nice. We got talking about love and when he found out that I don't believe in it, which I still don't, he promised me that he could show me that love is real" I ranted and Nick looked more than surprised.
"That sounds very dodgy Olive"
"It's not. He's real and he works in that fancy business management building down the road" I said and Nick nodded.
"You're delusional" he laughed and I whacked his arm.
"I am not! You'll see in time. You'll see" I said and walked out of the kitchen leaving him stood there in surprise.

Harry Styles
I had been watching my clock since nine this morning. My lunch break was at one and it was killing me that it was only twelve. I groaned just as someone walked into my office.
"Everything ok?" Henry asked as he stepped in and closed the door behind him.
"So, I met this girl last night"
"Great!"
"No no. I met her while I was sat on a park bench at like seven at night. She told me how she didn't believe in love and I said I could show her that love is real." I explained and Henry nodded his head.
"Strange."
"It's fucking strange! But I don't regret it. She seemed lovely" I shrugged and he sat in front of me.
"She is a bit young though" I said.
"How old is she?" He said with an almost warning tone.
"She's nineteen" I said and he looked at me for a moment before tilting his head to the left and right with a grin on his face.
"Five years. It's not that bad. Could be worse. And she's over eighteen so she's legally an adult" he said and I nodded, "I wouldn't have an issue"
"I don't have an issue with it. Age is a number" I said and he smiled.
"Well. I'll be excited to know how this whole thing turns out. Poor girl not believing in love. Who hurt her?"
"That's the thing shes never had a boyfriend" I said and Henry's jaw dropped.
"That's fucking insane. You gotta make her believe."
"I think I'm going to go see her at lunch" I said and Henry stood up from his chair and winked at me before leaving.

I concluded that I was going to see her. I just prayed that she was actually at work when I went.