~Chapter 10~

Harry Styles

I enjoyed speaking to her just sat on her steps. It let me know more about her without it being awkward. I learned that she enjoyed music and reading and her opinions on various topics. I learned that she was witty and funny without even meaning to be.

I thought about her as I worked over the next three days. Part of me just couldn't shake her from my head. Even as I sat in business meetings I my mind was split between business and her. All I wanted to do was message her or meet her for lunch or dinner or take her out somewhere.

I hadn't told mum or Gemma about it. But I was going to over lunch today.
They were both sat at the table as I made them some lunch. I wasn't the best at cooking but it was ok. I placed it in front of them.
"So. How are you?" Gemma asked and I nodded.
"I'm good thank you. Same old same old work is fine" I said and Mum cleared her throat from beside me.
"And how's the whole lonely thing?" She asked and I felt pressured as both women's eyes stared into me.
I sighed.
"I'm getting there" I said and Gemma sniggered from beside me.
"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.
Was I really ready to tell them?
I had to. There was no point in hiding it from my family.
"I met this girl on a park bench last week. We got talking to each other and in the midst of everything she was telling me that she had been alone her whole life and that she never believed in love. Then I actually said to her that I could make her see that love was real" I recalled.

Neither of them spoke immediately.
"I guess that's a better way of doing it than sleeping around" Gemma laughed.
"I'm serious." I said and she nodded.
"I know your serious. And I'm happy that you've found a nice girl. How old is she out of interest?" She asked and I cleared my throat.
"Nineteen" I said and the two women shared a look, "oh come on it's not that bad of an age gap!"
"No no it's not. I mean even if she was eighteen she's legally an adult so it's not an issue. When's her birthday?" Mum asked.
"I don't actually know. I should probably ask her" I said and Mum rolled her eyes.
"Your hopeless" she said and I smiled.
"So, What does she look like?" Gemma asked and I pulled my phone from my pocket, showing them the photo I had for her contact.
"Aw she looks sweet Harry" Mum gushed, taking the phone from my hands.
"She's really lovely" I grinned.
"Well when are we meeting her?" Mum asked and I choked on the water I had been sipping.
"Not for a while" I coughed.

I had only met her last week. I hadn't even taken her out on a date yet! She wasn't my girlfriend! My mind got wandering as I thought of how on Earth I was going to make Olive see that love was real. She was so adamant that relationships were a waste of time. How on earth would I get her to be my girlfriend? Nothing was clear. Love first or girlfriend first? How would it all play out? I didn't think anyone could predict it.

"So Harry. The question is, how are you going to show a girl who doesn't believe in love that love exists?" Gemma asked and I shrugged.
"I have no idea" I laughed. "I was hoping that it would just come with time"
"It won't. You need to show her. Listen to her, take her on nice dates not cliche ones. Show her you care. Give her memories. Then it'll come" Mum said and I nodded.
But I still had no idea what I was going to do. The dates and memories would have to be something spectacular for her to see that relationships weren't a waste of time. But it would be an adventure, for both of us.