~Chapter 14~

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

I didn't know why but I was nervous. I wondered if it was a good plan for a first date or if I should have gone more extravagant. Then again, extravagant on the first date might have thrown her into the deep end too quickly.
The tube journey took about ten minutes so we'd definitely make it in time. I knocked on her door and smiled as I heard yelling coming from inside.
"He's here!"
"Well can you stall for me! I'm not mentally prepared!"
The door slowly opened and I smiled at the short woman in front of me. She had a large smile on her face and it was contagious.
"Hello. You must be Harry" she said and held out her hand to me. I shook it gently.
"I am yes"
"I'm Bonnie. It's nice to meet you" she said and let go of my hand.
"Likewise. I just want to say that I will make sure she is ok. I'll look after her" I said and I think Bonnie's smile got even wider.
"Thank you. That's more than she's ever had before. You have to understand that she-"
"I'm here"

Bonnie opened the door wider and I saw Olive coming down the stairs. She was wearing a tartan yellow skirt with a simple black jumper and tights. I smiled as she came to the door. She looked beautiful.
"You look lovely" I smiled and I saw her eyes widen slightly.
"Oh erm-well I- it's-"
I watched as Bonnie nudged her daughter in the ribs.
"Thank you" Olive squeaked out and I smiled even more.
"Have fun" Bonnie said and I held Olives hand as she walked down the steps, she quickly let it go as she reached the bottom step.

We walked to the tube station and got onto the right platform. I saw Olives legs jittering and she was rubbing her hands together.
"Hey, are you ok?" I asked as her eyes fluttered around everywhere.
"I just, get a bit nervous when it's busy like this" she said.
"Come here" I said and pushed her gently so she was stood directly in front of me. I rested my hand on her hip. "I'm right behind you ok?" I said as we stepped into the train.
Luckily it was only a few stops and we could get off. I could see her getting more and more irritated by the minute.

"They only have double seats? Why no single ones?" She said as we looked for where to sit. All the seats in here were for two people, no arm rest in between, like small sofas.
"I don't know"
"They just hate single people" she said and I smiled.
"Well if you come here on your own then you have more room to yourself" I said and she tilted her head from left to right.
"I didn't think of that. Shall we sit at the back?" She asked and pointed to the back corner.
"The back? If we sit there you'll have to kiss me"
I said and she quickly retaliated, hitting my arm. I laughed, "What?! It's couples corner!"
"You're so full of bullshit" she said and walked over to the seats anyways.

As we sat down in our seats at the back she seemed more calm and she looked adorable to me as she sat in the seat sipping on her drink, her legs all bent up in the seat. She reminded me of a cat or dog all curled up trying to get comfy.
All the way through the film her eyes were wide and she didn't utter a word. She fidgeted in her seat and leaned more into me as the movie was about to reach its end. I looked down at her as I heard small sniffles.
"Are you crying?" I asked.
"No" she said but then looked up at me with teary eyes. I smiled and opened my arms for her. She wriggled in beside me and I smiled as she held the front of my shirt and let me wrap my arms around her, her head rested on my shoulder. I felt nervous as we sat like that. Her small hand placed on my chest. I hadn't been with someone like this for so long. It felt so good to hold someone again genuinely.
I looked down at her as she was looking up at me. Our eyes searched each other's and my heart couldn't deny that I wanted to kiss her. As I moved a centimetre towards her, our noses brushing together I was certain that she wanted to kiss me too, or she would have moved away.
I nudged my nose on hers slightly and I felt her hand ball into a fist on my chest. I nudged her again and just felt her top lip brush mine as the lights came up in the room and she quickly moved away.
Fuck.