-|Ghost Town|-

The drive to Gwangju was quiet, say for a few small chatters between Jimin and Jungkook here and there and the mummer of the wind pushing through the open window.

Hoseok is sat by the window, blankly staring out at the abandoned houses and empty streets that once used to be filled with the citizens of Gwangju.

His thoughts were empty, with not even an emotion going through them. And that's because his emotions are stirring in the pit of his stomach, slowly brewing the closer they get to his old home in Gwangju.

Going back home always seemed like a far away dream to Hoseok. A dream that he eventually gave up on when he felt all hope was lost and he accepted his fate as the Royal Doctor.

But now that dream has become a reality, yet Hoseok wasn't sure if this was the reality he wanted to face. Alot has changed, he has changed, and the more he thinks about going home, the more the feelings inside the pit of his stomach stir, giving him a stomach ache.

Whenever he thought of Gwangju, his mother would come to mind, reminding him of their last words together before she was killed. She said he'd make a great king, far better than his father ever was, and Hoseok believed it at first, but now with his head filled with alters, he can't even make it as doctor anymore, much less a king.

"We will be arriving at the Jung residence in about ten minutes." The driver announces as he turns and heads down a lone road covered by trees on both sides.

Hoseok remembers these trees, they were the front entrance that lead down to the mansion, his mansion.

Again his stomach aches, physically making him grimace and cringe.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Jimin asks, gently placing his hand upon Hoseok's knee and giving it a light squeeze. 

Hoseok's silence has been worrying him since they left Busan. He can tell Hoseok is nervous, and he wants Hoseok to talk it out with him, but Hoseok turns to Jimin with a fake smile and tells him that he's okay.

When in reality he was far from it.

The driver announces their arrival when the car pulls up to a large mansion covered in vines. Some windows were boarded up while others were left untouched.

The front garden, which was once lavish and green, is now barren, with dirt and patches of dead grass here and there.

On the way to the front door Hoseok spots a  do not enter sign, with the symbol of Busan next to it, further reminding him that although he was home, everything was still under Busan's control, for now.

The driver parks the car and steps out, opening the doors for the three so they can exit the car and stretch their legs. He tells the king that he'll be waiting out front incase he is needed and stands guard by the car.

While Jungkook talks with him, Hoseok walks up to the front doors and grabs the familiar handle, giving it a turn and a push before the door lets out a groan and opens.

The smell of mold and mildew greet Hoseok, welcoming him back home after so many years. He enters the foyer and sweeps his eyes across the surroundings, taking in the broken furniture coated with dust, the floor filled with broken glass and dirt, and the gaunt walls that bleed the pain and misery it felt over the years.

Jimin comes in next and looks around in shock and wonder. The Jung residence is huge, as any mansion would be, but there was something about it that felt oddly warm and welcoming, despite the decrepit state it was in.

The more Hoseok looks around, the more he feels his memories come back, instantly shifting his mind into the past, where everything was back to normal.