-|The Sad Prince|-

"Jungkook, can you fucking smile for once! This is a family photo, not a funeral." The King scolds his youngest son for the fifth time already.

The coronation ceremony was tomorrow and the King and Queen are making sure everything is perfect for the event.

Jungkook and his family are currently having a pre-royal photo shoot in the throne room. His older brother Jiyo and his wife Mia are sitting on the throne, both wearing crowns and looking regal.

The pre-royal photo shoot is for the portrait they plan to put once Jiyo becomes king. Jungkook's father was adamant about it too, saying its a family tradition whenever the king of Busan passes his crown to the next heir.

Jungkook rolls his eyes, wanting nothing more than to go back to his room and sulk for the rest of the day. Besides, he knows he can make a better king than Jiyo, but his father obviously favored his older brother than him.

Let's not forget also, the fact that Jungkook's multiple personalities hindered his chances of gaining the crown too.

"Prince Jungkook, please look over to the camera and smile." The photographer directs, pointing his expensive camera at Jungkook. "Smile." He chimes, taking a picture of them again.

Jungkook forces himself to smile, his cheeks hurting under the pressure.

"Perfect. I'll be sure to have this ready for the coronation ceremony tomorrow." The photographer bows to the royal family and takes his leave.

As soon as he leaves, an entire film crew enters and Jungkook already wants to throw himself out the window.

"Your highness, please give us a moment to set up our equipment for the broadcast." One of the crewmen says as he directs his men to work.

"Hurry up. I spent two hours to get ready for this and my ass hurts from sitting on this horrible chair." Mia complains with a bitchy attitude.

"You heard the future queen, hurry the fuck up, peasants." Jiyo snaps, and the men all nod in silence as they pick up the pace to get everything settled.

"That's my boy." The king pats his oldest sons shoulder, showing his pride for him. "You're already taking your role as king."

"Fuck this shit, I'm out." Jungkook mutters and doesn't hesitate as he steps away from his family and goes out into the main hall and down the corridor until he reaches the balcony that overlooks the forest beyond his home.

Finally alone, he lets out an exhausted sigh and stares out into the distance, his thoughts mulling over everything that's happening.

It has been a week since his return and Jungkook is fucking miserable. The only thing that keeps him going is the short texts he and Jimin share from time to time.

Jimin seems happy out there in Seoul, staring out a new life with the doctor. Jungkook wishes he can just leave behind this life and start all over again. No royal duties, no worrying about the crown. Just him being a normal twenty something year old who wants a good time.

"Jungkook?" A soft voice breaks him out of his thoughts.

Jungkook turns to see his mother standing by the balcony door, smiling at him.

He doesn't say anything to her, in fact, he hasn't spoken to her since he found out she took advantage of him when he was Kookie.

"Jungkook, I know you are still mad, and you have every right to be, but please...please talk to me." The queen quietly begs, her long slender fingers glide along his sleeve, all the way up to his chin, turning his head to face her.