-|Unfiltered|-

"Hoseok come back!" Dawon calls out of breath as she chases her brother down the hall.

The aforementioned male continues his pace, keeping his head down, not wanting to talk right now.

After renouncing his royal doctor title, Hoseok dropped his doctors bag onto King Namjoon's desk and quietly left the room, leaving everyone behind shocked by his actions.

And why wouldn't they be? He just made a huge sacrifice on his career, as well as the crown, something nobody was expecting.

"Hoseok please! Lets talk about this!!" Dawon pleads as she catches up to her brother and stops him from leaving.

Hoseok turns away from her, too ashamed to look her in the eyes.

"Why did you do that!?" Dawon demands, clearly confused by her brothers actions. "You've waited years for this moment and you just give it up like that!?"

"I'm doing what's best for myself and everyone around me." He says, already feeling his throat clench with a writhing agony.

Of course this is what he always wanted, what he dreamed of, but as long as the Mad Doctor is around, he won't ever be able to make those dreams a reality.

"What's best for everyone? Hoseok I have no interest in the crown, nor becoming queen." Dawon grabs holds her brother's hands, squeezing them firmly. "I don't want the crown, it's yours."

"No." Hoseok yanks his hands away from Dawon, then turns away from her again, already feeling his head spin as he starts to fall back into a dark headspace. "Take the crown Dawon and become the queen that Gwangju needs."

"But Hoseok-"

"No Dawon, not another word...please." Hoseok begs, his voice straining to stay stable as his mind withers. "Just...shit!" Hoseok grips his hair tightly, growling lowly as the world around him begins to shift.

"Hoseok..." Dawon reaches for her brother, but he backs away from her and runs, fleeing the mansion and getting into his car before driving off.

Moments later Mr. Jung, Jimin, and Jungkook appear at Dawon's side, all wearing a an expression of worry on their faces as they find Dawon in tears.

"Where is Hoseok?" Mr. Jung asks, placing a gentle hand upon his daughter's shoulder.

"He's gone." She says, brushing his hand off and turning to her father with a glare. "He just gave it all up. The crown, his career...it's all gone."

"Not necessarily." King Namjoon speaks up as he and his husband approach the group,  in his hand is Hoseok's doctor bag. "He can always become the royal doctor again." He says, then frowns when he sees the royal official approach them with the crown of Gwangju. "But I can't say the same for becoming a king."

"Jung Hoseok has given his title to you, Miss Dawon." The royal official says as he holds out the crown to her. "You are chosen to rule Gwangju...well..." he pauses and looks to Jungkook with a small nod. "After the king of Busan gives it back first."

Jungkook firmly nods to him, then looks to Dawon with a reassuring smile. "I'm staying true to my word. You will be able to return home once I get the arrangements done."

"I don't care about that. Right now I'm worried about my brother." Dawon snaps at them, then turns her attention to Jimin. She grips his shoulders, looking deeply into his eyes, silently pleading for his help.

"You are my brother's boyfriend, he must have said something to you regarding all this."

Mr. Jung's eyes widen with shock. "Hoseok has...a boyfriend?"