-|Reality Check|-

One week later...

"His vitals are stable and the blood transfusion was a success." Dr. Kwon, one of the head doctors of the hospital, informs Jimin and Dawon of Hoseok's condition.

They are currently sitting in his office, it's about close to ten in the morning, given that Dawon and Jimin have been there since nine. Both haven't been able to visit Hoseok since the incident, so when they got the call that Hoseok has been moved from the ICU to a regular room, they hauled ass straight to the hospital to see him.

"Hoseok has woken up a day after his surgery, but he hasn't spoken a word since then. My nurses and I have all been trying to get him to talk, but he just blankly stares at us." He takes off his black framed glasses and rubs them on his sleeve. He then places them back on and opens a blue folder on his desk. "The police have tried talking to him as well, but to no avail, and it's putting a hold on the trial of the King of Daegu, Min Yoongi."

An acidic feeling mulls inside Jimin's stomach, making him visibly grimace at the mention of Yoongi's name.

After Yoongi shot Hoseok, the royal guards attested him for kidnapping and attempted murder. Yoongi confessed that he did it out of revenge because Hoseok raped him. 

The royal council is investigating the whole ordeal and has made a very important decision that will be announced when all the royals from all over Korea arrive at the Hall of Justice in Seoul.

"From what you have told me, your highness." He looks to Dawon for a second, then back down to the files. "Your brother has Dissociative Identity Disorder, right?"

Dawon nods in reply, nervously running her hand through her hair. "I just found out about it on the day of my coronation. He told me he has three alters."

Dr. Kwon nods, then takes his pen and writes down the information in the file. "What are their names, and can you describe their personalities?"

"I can help with that." Jimin speaks up, giving Dawon a nod. "I'm his boyfriend." He adds when he notices the doctor giving him a strange look.

Dr. Kwon nods and gestures Jimin to continue.

"Hoseok hyung has three other personalities, or alters.  One us called Jay, the sassy alter, Hobi, the child alter, and The Mad Doctor." Jimin watches the doctor write it all down.

"The Mad Doctor is the aggressive alter, I assume?" The doctor asks. Jimin nods in reply. The doctor writes that down in his files.

"Dr. Kwon...do you suspect that one of Hoseok's alters came back instead of him?" Jimin gets to the point.

The doctor smiles alittle, it being one of those smiles where he tries to mask his worriedness with reassurance. "I will admit that it did come across my mind, but also I believed he may have suffered memory loss."

Dawon slaps her hand over her mouth in a gasp, not wanting it to be true. Jimin takes her other hand and squeezes it, sending her comfort with his actions.

"Its rare, especially when someone dies and is revived again, but don't worry, I have come to a conclusion that it isn't memory loss since he responds to his name. Perhaps he's just scared." He continues, making them both glare at him. "But the possibility of one of his alters being upfront is more likely." He adds.

"Dr. Kwon. When can we see Hoseok?" Dawon insists with firm tone, making the doctor sit back with wide eyes.

It's been a long week for the queen and she was not in the mood for more interrogations.

Jimin silently feels the same. All week he's been trying to keep himself together, and the worst part is that he's doing it alone since Jungkook had to return to Busan to bury his mother.

Of course the King didn't want to leave Jimin and Hoseok, but his royal duties were calling him, that and the media was starting to come up with rumors that he was neglecting his district.

Dr. Kwon slowly closes his file and stands up, Dawon and Jimin doing the same. "Follow me." He tells them as he leaves his office.

They follow him down the hall and around the corner, passing a large metal door with a security lock.

They meet up with a nurse and she informs the doctor of Hoseok's condition, saying that he's still unresponsive to their questions.

"I have his sister and his boyfriend here with me. Hopefully they can get him to talk." Says the doctor as he escorts them to Hoseok's room.

Both Dawon and Jimin hold their breaths as they step into the dimly lit room. The smell of disinfecting alcohol greets them first, then the low beep of Hoseok's vitals string in the gloomy mood of the atmosphere.

The room was quite large, with a tinted large window overlooking the city front. Hoseok lays in a large hospital bed, hooked up to all sorts of IVs and a heart monitor.

Jimin's throat tightens at Hoseok's appearance.

Hoseok's face is pale and gaunt, with dark circles wrapping around his fazed out almond eyes. His once bright and shiny aura has now been diminished,  flickered out like a flame from a candle, leaving behind a cold surface for the shadow of himself to take over.

"Hyung." Jimin barely recognizes the sound that comes out of his mouth as he approaches the bedside.

Hoseok looks at Jimin, his face completely blank as if looking at a stranger. Jimin feels his heart twist in pain, perhaps it was true what the doctor said about Hoseok losing his-

"Jimin."

Jimin's heart skips a beat at the soft sound of Hoseok's voice. It was barely a whisper, but it was enough for Jimin to know that he hasn't been forgotten.

"Yes hyung, it's me, Jimin." Jimin cant hold back the tears that escape as he holds Hoseok's face, but gently because Hoseok is fragile right now.

"Jimin...Jimin.." Hoseok slowly lifts his hand and touches the tears that drench Jimin's cheek. Hoseok's hand is cold, something Jimin expected, but still he couldn't help the shiver that runs up his spine as Hoseok's nimble fingers trace the surface of Jimin's face.

"I'm here hyung." Jimin gently kisses Hoseok's hand. "I'm here." He sobs, his heart swelling with happiness.

Dawon breaks down as well, happy that her brother is speaking again, but more importantly that he hasn't lost his memory.

"Well, I see that Hoseok is himself." The doctor comments as he watches Hoseok and Jimin's interactions. "I'll leave you all alone to catch up. I'll be back in ten minutes with a nurse to speak with Hoseok." The doctor says as he then leaves the room.

"Hyung, I love you so much." Jimin takes Hoseok's hand and kisses it. "I love you hyung." Jimin meant every word too. He felt so empty without Hoseok and Jungkook by his side.

Hoseok's eyes soften as his lips slowly curl into a bright smile, bringing back the light into his eyes, igniting the flame  to that candle.

"Jimin...Jimin.." he repeats Jimin's name over and over with a growing excitement of a child.

"Jimin hyung!"