"I got it!"

A few first years stared at him, before rushing away.

"Maybe the fact that we have the best team in the school? And that we are going against Ravenclaw who haven't won a match this year?"

Cassie scrunched up her nose, nodding, James shoved the scarf back into her hands, she didn't give it back, instead she shoved it into her school bag.

"Fair point."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James let out a groan and he raised his hand to his head, quickly pulling it away as he felt it throb under his fingers.

"Shit-"

"Language Prongs." James opened his eyes, blinking hard a few times to let his eyes adjust to the light, before he look to where the voice had come from.

Sirius, Peter and Remus were standing besides his bed, Gryffindor colours painted on their cheeks, their clothes nearly all red. James then turned to look the other way, seeing the Gryffindor Quidditch team standing there. He quickly sat up.

"What happened?" He asked, his words rushed as he looked at the team.

"You'd think he'd be worried about himself,"

A different voice said, and James looked away from the Quidditch team to see Lily standing there, a confused look on her face, his heart gave a slight flutter.

He then heard an overdramatic gasp, and his heart fluttered even more that it had done when be head Lily talk.

"Oh no!" Another voice exclaimed, a hint of playfulness in her tone.

"It seems that bludger damaged his big head, he's no longer self absorbed."

James let out a soft chuckle as he turned to see Cassie, who was now standing the other side of Sirius, right next to his bed.

She was smirking slightly, a Gryffindor scarf hanging loosely around her neck. James' heart fluttered again.

"Always a pleasure Black." He rolled his eyes, still smiling, as he turned back to the team.

"We won, obviously." One of the chasers said, and James let out a cheer, before he winced again, placing a hand on his head.

"You were hit by a bludger, around 20 minutes into the match." Remus told James, who nodded, before lying back down, and closing his eyes.

"I think he's dead." Sirius muttered, before Madam Pomfrey came out of her office, shooing them all away and insisting that James needed his rest.

"See you later Prongs," Sirius whispered before Remus pulled him along.

Cassie waved before closing the door behined her. James looked up just to see a glimpse of her dark hair before the door closed, he smiled slightly to himself, the thoughts once again filling his mind.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie was sitting in the library, scanning over the book infront of her with her wand held over it, a small light coming out the end of it. It was currently quarter to nine at night, the library closing in fifteen minutes.

Cassie rubbed her eyes as she yawned, resting her head in her hands as she read over one line for what seemed the hundredth time. She shook her head, jumping as she felt someone tap her on the shoulder.