"Mom!" Lexi yells

I put Tonis head on a pillow and walk to the front door.

"Mia honey what's wrong?" I ask seeing her crying

She hugs me and I look at Lexi.

"She came to history crying, TJ called me," Lexi shrugs "she doesn't have the bracelet Mama got her,"

"Get back to school okay?"

She nods and leaves.

"Baby what happened?"

"Is it my fault mama got so sick?" She says bawling "when I was a kid?"

"What? Mia no of course not sweetheart,"

"Mama didn't tell you in time because she was worried I was going to be hurt,"

"Who told you that?"

She looks at her hands and shrugs

"Someone at school,"

"In home room?"  I ask

She fumbles and hands me a note.

It basically just tells her that Toni doesn't like her as much as her siblings and she made her mom have a lot of pain.

"Mia has someone been bullying you at school?"

"N-no s-she just doesn't like me mommy,"

"Who?"

"Isabel," she sniffs

"Look at me honey," I say drying her tears "you know you can come to me with anything that's happening, why didn't you tell mama and I?"

"With Mateo and TJ and Mama all hurt I thought I would stress you out too much mommy,"

"Oh Mia. I love you and I'm so
sorry baby. I always, always have time for you okay?"

"She took my bracelet and broke it," she says "mama got it for me and it made me really sad,"

I hug her and kiss her head.

"Wanna go talk to Mama?"

She nods and we go into the living room.

"Hey Mia, are you not feeling well honey?" T asks sitting up

"I'm sorry," she says starting to cry again

"For what honey?"

She doesn't say anything and just hugs Toni

"A girl in her class sent her a note saying she was the reason you got so sick when she was younger," I say

"Why would she say that?"

"Because you didn't tell mommy because she was pregnant with me,"

"That's not true Mia, I didn't tel mom because I wasn't ready and I was scared,"

"She broke my bracelet," she says quietly

"That's okay honey, I'll get you a new one okay? It doesn't matter to me,"

"Do you know why Isabel started doing this to you Mia,"

"She had the best average in her class, and now I have a better average and she doesn't like it,"

"Mia you are so special okay? You never let bullies tell you you're not, or that you don't work hard," Toni says "if mom and I didn't think you could handle high school you wouldn't be there honey, I promise,"

She nods and shrugs.

"I don't know why it bothered me so much," she says "I think with everything I've been very scared,"

"I know it's been so hard Mia, and I'm sorry we haven't been paying much attention to you,"

"It's okay," she says "it's been kinda crazy,"

We talk for a few minutes and she calms down.

"Do you want to go back to school?"

"Yes,"

"Why don't we go out for lunch first and I'll drop you off?"

She smiles and nods.

"Do I get to come?" Toni asks

"No baby, you can't," i him kissing her "can't rush getting back out and getting sick,"

She nods and I head out with Mateo and Mia.

"When does Mateo get a prosthetic?"

"Maybe in a couple months, he's going to grow so fast that we need to make sure he's strong enough,"

We eat and then I drop her off at school.

Am I doing anything right?