twenty-four

( chapter )twenty-four

( chapter )
twenty-four

CASSIOPEIA BLACK SAT UNDER A tree, looking out onto the Black Lake with a large smile on her face, she was slowly shaking her head at something Marlene McKinnon had just said. Lily Evans rolled her eyes at the two, but she couldn't help the grin that was spreading on her lips. Alice was watching the them, scribbling the answers to her homework down on a pice of parchment resting on a closed book.

"You can't be serious!" Marlene exclaimed, her eyes wide as she looked at the dark haired girl, Cassie grinned more,

"No, that's my broher-"

"Shut up." Marlene interrupted, but she couldn't stop the small giggle that passed her lips.

"You've never had a cherry bakewell tart!" Marlene continues, waving her hands around wildly.

"This is a very serious matter." Cassie pulls a face, chuckling slightly.

"Whats so special about a tart? I have treacle tart like everyday." Marlene froze, playfully glaring at Cassie.

"What's so special about a tart? How dare you Cassiopeia Black, how dare you." The Slytherin snorted, shaking her head again.

"You haven't tasted anything until you eat a cherry bakewell tart, each bite is like eating heaven." The girl trailed off, her mind filling with memories of each time she had eaten a cherry bakewell.

"Its basically a tart, filled with marzipan, then a cherry is placed on top, and I'm hungry just thinking about it." Marlene continues, flopping onto her back dramatically.

"Sounds like shit if you ask me." Cassie mutters, and the Gryffindor girl pounces on her, the two of them laughing as they rolled around on ther floor, playfully hitting eachother.

They carried on for a minute, before Alice let out an annoyed grunt, and pushed the two girls away, they stopped fighting, and looked down at the grass, which was now covered in ink from Alice's spilt pot.

The two girls apologised, before standing up and patting their robes and skirts down.

"It's alright." Alice said, placing her quill down and looking at her half finished homework. Lily rolled her eyes at the two other girls, before reaching into her bag.

"I dont have a pot of ink," Lily said, before pulling some pens out of her bag.

"But these are honestly better." Alice grinned, saying ,thank you, as she took the pens from Lily and began to finish her homework.

"The fuck is that?" Cassie asked, looking from the pen to Lily, and back again. Marlene let out a giggle, Lily and Alice following not long after.