Chapter Forty

Kai's Pov

When we landed in Pittsburgh, Ariana could barely walk. which I found funny, until she kicked my shin. She was short, but had a strong ass kick.

Soon after we landed, we were escorted to our hotel after hours of travel. I didn't expect there to be so many fans, since we told everyone we were landed yesterday so we wouldn't deal with so many. But I guess they tricked us instead. There were hundreds of fans and paparazzi outside our hotel and it took 7 guards to get us in. Once we finally made it inside of our hotel room we collapsed in bed.

I didn't pay much attention to the design of the hotel room, but it was nice. It had a kitchen, living room, and another room in it, it was like a tiny apartment. But honestly, I would've been fine with a simple hotel room, I get that we are celebrities but I don't need everything to be extravagant. But of course, I appreciated it all.

We both hadn't had much sleep these past few days so I wasn't surprised that we immediately went to sleep instead of tour the hotel room or watch movies. Ariana and I had been doing good like really good, I feel like every time I say that, something bad happens. But things were good, I healed nicely, I saw my nieces a lot, I went to my therapist frequently, Pete was doing better as well. He healed slightly faster than me, of course teasing me about it, calling me a "slow poke". My parents had gotten their vows renewed and of course the whole family went. Ariana spent a lot of time, in the studio writing more music, which made me happy because it had been a while since she was really inspired to do something after the album. Plus, she recorded a lot with me, and we wrote a lot. Ariana wrote like 60 completed songs, with like 30 unfinished, together we wrote 45 and by myself, like 50-60 as well. We both just wanted to release so much music, the year was fresh and we wanted our fans to be satisfied with the music they were getting.

We ending up waking at around 12 pm, later than we intended to but we got dressed immediately and went into rehearsals for our show later tonight. It wasn't mandatory, but we wanted this show to be the best one yet.

After hours of rehearsal, I was restarting from kg + ag. "Take it from the top," Sean Bankhead, our choreographer for tour said. "Ready—?"

"Sean, I can't." I huffed out before we could begin, full of sweat.

It was just me and him since I texted him I needed more practice hours ago, while I was on the plane. It was now 3pm, 6 hours until showtime. "You got this down to the Q?" He asked.

"Even though there are no Q's, yes." I smiled.

"Bitch," He joked. "But are you sure you're good? It's a little soon to be dancing after an accident like that."

"I told you the same thing after you and Tyler," I smirked. "Dicked down and all."

"Speaking of that," He laughed, "Ari was stiff during practice earlier. Care to explain?"

"She— fell." I stuttered.

"Right." He smiled in disbelief. "Fell right inside of your fingers."

"Sounds about right," We laughed together. We wrapped up practice, and it was now around three thirty. Me and Ari had an interview at four, so we had to rush our driver to get us there. It was nice having the excitement about interviews and talk shows again, I missed my fans, I missed the busy schedule, I just missed it all. "You okay babe?" Ariana said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, you?" I said, grabbing onto her hand. She squeezed my hand with a big ass smile, with her dimples and perfect white teeth showing, "I feel like I'm on top of the world,"

"Now you know how I feel everyday with you," I smiled back.

She blushed, "You're so fucking cheesy."