Chapter Ninety-Two

Kai's Pov

Things had been going pretty smoothly between Ariana and I. She was working harder than ever for her summer festival performances, and the only break she took was her birthday, which happened in New York, at her favorite restaurant. Some things changed as well, Victoria had started to date a guy called John, Courtney scored a few modeling jobs, and Lauren brought back together 5H. Pete had more screen time on SNL, but he also spent a lot of his time with Isaac and Bella. Isaac was doing great actually, he was still the sweetest little boy, and he visited Ariana and I, quite frequently. The man who shot Billie and I was caught, and we were doing a lot better with healing.

"Baby, I have good and bad news," Ariana announced, joining me on the couch.

"Bad news first,"

"My label wants me to perform 'boyfriend' for Lollapalooza, so that means Mikey and Scootie are joining me,"

"I miss you performing that. How is Scootie by the way?" I asked, Ariana, sent me a weird look.

"You're okay with me performing with them?"

"Of course, but if Mikey tries anything I swear—"

"-You're gonna kill him," She giggled, "I know baby. But I heard Scootie is good, engaged I think too,"

"That's good for him,"

"That just gets me excited, think about when we'll be engaged. All the planning we have to do!"

"Imagine having to choose a Maid of Honor and a Best Man. How would we even decide?"

"If you ask Courtney, Mario Kart," We both let out small chuckles. "So what are your plans for this week baby?"

I thought for a second, opening my calendar. "Today's Sunday right? Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, Tuesday, I have to meet with Billie's team, Wednesday, I fly out with them, then I'll be with you Thursday and Friday," I smiled, closing my phone. "Wait what was the good news?"

"Oh, Doug and his boyfriend plan on adopting soon!"

"Wow, it's weird to see everyone in this stage of life,"

"And to think that'll be us,"

"So, three kids? Why three, it always feels like the third is left out?"

"Was it like that for you, Justin, and Noah?"

"Sometimes," I shrugged, "But if you want three, then let's have three,"

She bit her lip, holding a playful smile, "Or maybe... four."

I chuckled, "If that's what you want babe,"

She stayed silent for a minute. "Did you ever plan out your future with any of your exes?"

Definitely a trick question.

"If I'm being honest, I did. I thought Camila and I would get married, and shit, but I never thought about kids. I felt like it was too toxic between us, to even bring someone else in the factor, you know? I also thought about it with Nick, after he died though, because there was a bunch of, 'what if's' and I did with Billie too. We had a lot planned out, but things didn't work out, so.. here I am. Have you?"

"Not until Mac," She gulped, snuggling more into my side. "It was kinda like you and Camila, except we did want kids at the time. That was it for me, I don't think I was ever serious about someone other than you and him,"

"So, uh.. when do you want kids?"

"You don't have any time for us to set up an appointment this week?"