Chapter One

ariana's pov

Shifting in bed, I could just barely feel a heavy light hitting my eyes. My head was pounding and the sunlight flooding in my room only made things worse. I remembered that Pete, my boyfriend, stayed over from the night before, which was probably why it was so bright in the first place. Opening my eyes, I saw him over by my mirror, checking his phone.

"Good morning babe," the brunette smiled, noticing I was up.

"Morning," I mumbled softly, not quite as woke yet.

"I thought you'd be in a better mood this morning," Pete said, to which I frowned in confusion, "...you know? After last night," he trailed off, hinting at something, before taking a seat on my bed.

"What happened last night?"

"You don't remember? Ariana, we got engaged."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, you were like, sitting on the couch with your friends, and you saw me come home from my comedy show so you started hugging and kissing me. They left after like an hour, we started drinking and then you just started ranting about my hair, some random things, and then you asked me to marry you..."

My stomach flipped. I remembered being with my friends last night, but I was engaged to Pete? Not this early, literally after only five months.

"Also, you posted about it on Twitter."

"Fuck," I said quietly, sitting up to take everything in.

"Everything okay babe?" He asked concerned, only getting closer as he tried to put a hand on my shoulder.

"Um yeah, I just forgot to call Frankie last night...about my tour," I explained, trying to play it off, although I wasn't exactly sure what to do.

"Okay..." Suspicion trailing his voice. "Well I'm going to go out with some friends, so see you later babe. Text me if anything, love you."

"Yeah, love you too," I told him, even though I didn't think I really meant it anymore.

"I'm getting a haircut and dying my hair today, so I'll see you later tonight," He said, before closing the door and going to his car. I wasn't sure if he was gonna come back because he left something, so I waited until his car pulled away, to actually call Frankie.

"Frankie!" I said immediately after he picked up.

"Yes?" Frankie sighed, barely awake, "It's like 8 am,"

"Pete said I proposed to him last night.."

"Weren't you going to like...break up with him?"

"Yes I was supposed to, but the whole world fucking thinks I'm engaged to Pete."

"I think you should talk to Kai and Scooter because he's probably freaking out and she's definitely more awake than I am. Then, decide what you're going to do next about the breaking up with Pete thing, or else you're walking down the aisle soon."

"Right, thank you, Frankie."

"Wait before I go, how the fuck did you already have a ring?"

"I honestly don't know, maybe it was some old ring or something."

Frankie laughed, "Of course, but I'm tired so I'll talk to you later, bye Ari," and with that, he hung up before I could even reply.

Then I texted my best friend, Kai, letting her know that I was gonna be on my way after I showered and brushed my teeth. I was excited to see her honestly, even with everything going on. It had been a minute since we were able to meet up because of work, so I was hoping she was free.

***

"Hey, Ari." She smiled, just as soon as I opened the door. Even though she hadn't responded to my text, she didn't seem surprised to see me.

"Hey Dummy," I said pulling her into a hug, which she gladly accepted, while I held her tightly since she had a few inches on me.

After a few minutes, she pulled away, "So, are you going to come in or?" Kai said, only teasing me as I rolled my eyes.

I pushed her and made my way in, walking to her couch immediately, but not sitting down. When she sat down in her spot, I made myself comfortable by straddling her so that I could wrap my legs around her waist and lay my head on her chest as she scrolled through her phone. I missed this, being able to be with her even if we weren't doing anything. She was like my sense of home, always knowing what to say and how to calm me down, I always went to her.

"Everything okay?" She questioned, diverting her attention to me, after a bit. I went into explaining Pete's whole story about how I proposed to him, giving her the basic rundown of what happened, while she just listened.

"I never thought you would propose to Pete," Kai said, shaking her head.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's probably a great guy and all, but you didn't seem as happy with him. Like he loves you, but you like him, kinda thing."

I didn't say anything at first, knowing she was right. "I was planning to break up with him."

"You should. Free yourself." She laughed, to which I giggled, our eyes falling on each other.

I smiled up at her, "You make it sound like I'm a prisoner...you know, I've missed you."

"I don't know if I missed you, I still have hoodies I never got back."

"It's gonna stay that way." I smiled, feeling my stomach starting to hurt because of the amount of laughing I was doing.

"Bullshit, you took my favorite one." She playfully groaned.

"Now it's my favorite," I said, watching as she just smiled, "Anyways, any special guys? You haven't caught me up."

She shrugged, "Not really, I'm kinda talking to Nick."

"Isn't he like, married?"

"Nope, apparently they got a divorce a while back."

"At least someone's love life is going right."

"Is there anyone you're even interested in?"

I took a moment to think, yes there was someone I was interested in. "Yeah, but it doesn't matter."

"I say tell them, you're either going to get a yes or a no, and a 'no' is the worst thing that can happen. He might like you back, why not just confess it?"

"Wait, do it now?" I asked, causing her to laugh.

"Why not?" Kai said, her smile only growing. "Call him and put him on speaker."

"Why would I call him?"

"Ari, what?" She said giving me a confused look. "How else are you going to tell him?"

"It's not a boy."

"Okay, it doesn't matter what they are," Kai rolled her eyes playfully, "Who is it?"

"You."

She paused for a minute, looking at me almost to see if I was joking. I didn't say anything else, pulling her chin up slightly as I connected her lips and pulled her in for a kiss. It was meant to be short and sweet, yet she deepened it into a make-out session. Only I wasn't complaining, leaning in further as she started to lay back.

"Your bed?" I mumbled in between kisses.

She smiled against my lips and stood up, with me still straddling her, and went up the stairs into her room.

Laying me down so that she was on top of me, my legs wrapped around her waist. She stopped for a minute, looking at me. "Should we stop?"

I only sent her a look, pulling her in once again to pull her back onto me. I could see her smile even with the lack of light, pulling her shirt over her head.