Chapter Seventy-Three

Kai's Pov

It was slowly approaching my birthday, and I spent a lot of time talking it over with Billie and Finneas. I also thought about how I spent like 50k on Ariana for her birthday, which just ended up as waste, if she didn't do it. But I didn't care to be honest, Billie and I were good, not official but I really liked her and it wasn't toxic, and no arguing either. I hadn't talked to any of the friends Ariana and I shared in a while, I figured to give them space and make things less awkward. Right now, I was at Billie's parents house, as the six of us sat in the backyard talking. While Billie played fetch with Pepper, and her new dog, which we had yet to name, I talked with Maggie, Patrick, Finneas and Claudia.

"It's nice to see Billie happy, she talks about you all the time, little do you know," Maggie said, facing me with a smile.

"Yeah, I really like her. She's the best, but don't tell her I said that, or she'll rub it in my face," I chuckled.

"You guys are going to the awards show together or you're walking separate?" Claudia asked.

I shrugged, "Honestly, whatever Billie wants. I know she doesn't make her relation— dating life publi—"

"You were going to say relationship!" Finneas smirked.

"Finneas, don't do—"

"Kai wants to be your girlfriend!" Finneas shouted, causing Billie to look over at her.

"Young love." Claudia laughed.

"We're the same age," I pointed out.

"See no denial," Finneas smirked.

Billie laughed, "Dude, chill,"

"Unbelievable," I shook my head.

"Bil, just won't admit she likes you more," Patrick chuckled as him and Maggie watched the playful bicker between us four.

"Fucking lies. I don't," Billie blushed.

"Damn, hurt my feelings a bit," I gave a small pout, which wasn't genuine but it did make Billie come my way.

"I'm just playing you big baby,"

I laughed, "You're the biggest,"

"No, I'm pretty sure you take the crown on that one." She said.

"We watched a dog commercial yesterday and you—"

She stopped me, as everyone laughed, waiting for the rest of the story, "—alright. You win,"

I smiled, letting her know I knew I won. "Today was fun, but it's getting late and I honestly won't feel like driving back home, thirty minutes from now," I chuckled.

"Kai honey, you kno—"

"It's fine Maggie," I reassured.

"We love having you here, you're always welcome to stay," Patrick added on, after his wife.

"Thanks but—"

"Then who's gonna watch movies with me?" Billie asked, looking at me.

As you can tell, I had a weakness for her, so instead of me going home to her, I went home with her. Did I mention that I switched houses? And I left Ariana keep Georginio. None of her friends knew where I lived, well, not many of my friends either. Just like Lauren and Pete, who promised not to tell anyone. Gino stayed with the Jonas's at the moment, since I hadn't been in the right state to take care of another being. I seen him quite frequently though.