Chapter Twenty-Five

ariana's pov
(kai's birthday outfit)

Today was Kai's birthday and honestly I had a lot planned. She was still sleep beside me, so I took this opportunity to start putting everything together. Me and her both agreed that soon we would have to move, because we needed space and a new environment for our pets to play, so I went ahead and bought a house. First, I had to text Courtney to make sure she had the invites sent out, then Victoria to make sure the new house was being decorated. Mom and Nonna took the animals back to Florida with them to spend some quality time with their 'grandchildren', so the our current house was empty with the exception of me and Kai.

But her birthday was going to be very long, and this is what I meant by long. When she woke up, I was just going to treat everything normally with just a 'happy birthday' and we would get food. Then I purposely had Frankie and Hale plan their baby shower today as well, so we would go to that. After that, I would leave for an 'important meeting' but in reality, I would go to pick up her new Black Dodge which she always secretly wanted. Then I would come back home, ask her if she wanted to grab dinner, then drive to the new house, and say 'I have to make a really quick stop' but I would drive to our new house, then tomorrow would be a birthday performance/ birthday bash.

I walked back into our bedroom, where of course my girlfriend was still asleep. "Babe, it's 11 am, we gotta get ready for the baby shower." I said shaking Kai awake. "What baby shower?" She said as she checked her phone for the time. "Remember for Chloe and Maya? Frankie and Hale's shower is today so get ready." I said walking off to get dressed. I put on a white oversized sweater, some ripped jeans and black boots. After doing my makeup, I heard Kai singing from our bedroom's bathroom. "Yikes, what's the hype? This is something light." She screamed.

Laughing my ass off, I went into the bathroom holding my phone recording. "Baby I know you love Nicki's new song but don't ever do that again." I said still laughing.

With a smile still on her face, she took my phone, "Bitch! I'm twenty fucking six!" She screamed, and she started running around the house with my phone still recording. I chased the girl, and my stomach was hurting after laughing so much. "Baby! We're.... going to be.... late." I said between laughs. It us twenty minutes to leave out the house, and of course I drove us, instead of taking a driver with us.

"Babe, I'm going to kill Vic, she posted the video of me when I slipped in the grocery store in front of all of those people. Remember?" She said showing me her phone as we reached a red light.

"That day was the funniest day of my life. How did you even slip?" I said trying to hold back my laugh. "Vic and Courtney poured that oil all over the floor. You helped them distract me." She said shaking her head. "You were a bad best friend." She said joking, and raising her window down. "Who bought you Sour Patch kids after?" I smirked. She stayed silent. "Exactly what I thought Ms. Grey."

As I drove, she talked about more of her birthday wishes from fans, and even celebrities. "Hey babe." I said, stealing my girlfriend's attention.

"Hmm....?"

"Happy birthday dummy." I smiled.

"Thanks." She said, returning the smile back.

I would've thought she would've been mad at the fact that I was one of the last people to tell her 'Happy Birthday' and I didn't give her a present yet. "How come we never see your family?" I asked. "I miss
them."

"It's hard since we all have our jobs that keep us busy." She shrugged. "I miss them too. Maybe we could get our families on a vacation."

I nodded in agreement. She was right. All four of her brothers' played in the NBA, Two play for the Lakers, the two others play for the Bulls. Her older sister is a Doctor, and her youngest sister is still in High school. And her parents are business owners.
"It's the 15th of July today, so what about we go on the 31st?" I suggested.