Chapter Thirty-Seven

Kai's Pov

It was around 8 pm, in the Colorado mansion. Everybody played games, we ate, and everyone went to bed. Well not everyone if I was still awake. I had some thinking to do. I exited the kitchen, making my way outside. There was a bench right by the ice skating rink so I choose to sit there. It was dark and cold out, and I just had a short sleeve on and sweatpants. Camila was probably in our room sleep. She was a heavy sleeper so she probably wasn't gonna notice I was gone for a while. I wasn't even sure if I wanted something serious with Camila or her just as a fling. I looked up at the stars, with not even having my phone. I wanted no distractions.

Camila and I were doing good so far, with it just being a day of us hanging out. She was definitely a good person to be around and I liked it. She also had good sex, but that didn't matter much to me. Ariana and Dalton didn't bother me, honestly. It was nice to see her happy at least, even if it wasn't me. I didn't really think about her, or even look her in her eyes, because if I did, I knew I would break down. Deep down I knew she was cheating, I just believed her because I trusted her.

Camila talked about Shawn as well, saying that she had purposely blocked him because she didn't want him distracting her during this vacation. It would be two days before Thanksgiving tomorrow and things were already so dramatic. Nonna and Joan literally hired a camera crew, saying that "this was the perfect opportunity for Keeping Up With The Grey-Grande's". As much as I loved them, this was insane.
My Dad and Ed spent a lot of their time touring around the Hills, the boys did a lot of snowboarding, Taylor, Cedric, Frankie and Hale spent a lot of time with Olivia, Gio and Willow getting parenting tips. Ari- Ariana's friends spent a lot of time with her and Dalton. Yeah, they were my friends too, I just spent a lot of my time with Camila, and Courtney, Pete and Vic sometimes.
The good thing is that, we would be staying in the mansion until after Christmas. But after Thanksgiving, we would fly home to grab some more belongings, presents and fly back that same day. The Cedric, Taylor's fiancée watched the pets, since for one, they liked him, and for two he was one of the best pet trainers in LA.

I will always want Ariana back. But if I take her back immediately after she cheated, she's going to think it's okay to keep doing it, and I respected myself too much. Scooter didn't even know we broke up, I didn't want him knowing either because he would be stressed about how tour was gonna work. So I kept quiet and hoped Ariana would do the same. Nonna and Joan talked about Dalton to me. Even Ed.

Nonna of course didn't like him, "Frankie was right. What man's hair is that hard?"

Joan didn't either, saying that "He looked like a breadstick, and although Ariana is italian, she doesn't need to be that close to her heritage." That was funny to me, he did kind of look like a breadstick. (a/n: dont take this serious. its hard making bad things about him. i like him actually with ari:))

Ed despised him, he missed me and his daughter together.

"Oh, shit." I heard behind me, making me jump. Of course, it was Ariana, wrapped in a blanket. I didn't say anything right away, and nor did I get the chance to, because she cut my silence off. "I-I'll go sit somewhere else." She stuttered, nervously about to turn around.

"....you don't even like being alone. Especially when it's dark out, you can sit with me." I shrugged, turning my focus back up at the sky.

"Thank you." She whispered, sitting next to me. My heart started racing, well pounding now. I hadn't been this close to Ariana in a while. "You okay?" I asked her, she only ever came out in the dark when something was bothering her or she just needed space.

"Yeah, you?" She asked.

"I'm good."

"Kai it's like fucking 30 degrees out, you must be cold as shit." She said, finally noticing I had just on a short sleeve. She wrapped me in her blanket, and that's when I noticed she had on my favorite hoodie. She looked down to see where I was looking, she blushed in embarrassment. "I know. It's the only thing I have of you."