Chapter Thirty-Nine

Ariana's Pov

"Okay Ari, take a deep breath." Courtney said rubbing my back after I screamed.

"I have to make some calls, Taylor has to deliver at the hospital that Kai and Pete are in," I said, "There is no way I'm picking between my brother and the love of my life." My cheeks were red and stained with tears, my eyes held a light tint of pink from crying, my lips were slightly chapped, and my voice still raspy, after so much crying.

After making some phone calls, and verifying that I was the Ariana Grande we were able to get Taylor not only in the same hospital as them, but in the same room. The Doctor's said it was a risky thing to do, but after handing over 3 million, yes 3 million dollars to them, they agreed.

Nonna, Mom and Dad decided they would take a different car, and get some things together for the hospital and the girls birth. I couldn't drive of course, because of the state I was in, so Taylor, Hale and Frankie drove in one car, with Hale as the driver. Courtney and Victoria stayed with me, and we drove in a different car.

"Everything is gonna be okay babe," Victoria said, embracing me in a hug, in the back of the car. I sobbed on her sweatshirt as Courtney drove to the hospital.

"I—I should've been woke! If—If I was woke then—then she wouldn't have went— they wouldn't have went." I sobbed, after each pause.

"Honey, this was out of your control," Courtney soothed. "Let's just pray everything is okay with him and we'll go from there. On the bright side, you are meeting your nieces for the very first time."

"Courtney, she—she's gonna leave me like—like Mac. I can't take losing her— Courtney! I just can't." I cried, sobbing even harder.

"Babe," Victoria said holding onto me, her voice cracked and I knew she was almost crying. I knew how much they cared about Kai and how close they'd gotten with Pete. I knew this hurt them too, but I appreciated them for staying strong, because I couldn't take them crying as well.

We got to the hospital in 20 long minutes, I just hoped Taylor was okay, having to give birth and deal with this family news as well. Frankie and I, ran into the hospital while Hale, Courtney and Victoria helped Taylor out of the car.

Luckily the hospital was practically empty which meant no fans or interruptions. As much as I loved them all, I needed my girl— Kai and Pete to be okay. I scurried over to the receptionist desk, seeing that Frankie was panicking behind me, watching the door for my friends, his fiancée and surrogate.

"Hey, excuse me. I'm Ariana Grande, the family here for Peter Davidson and Kai Grey, also for the scheduled labor due in her room." I said with rush in my voice, mixed with worry and cries.

She looked at me for a second, before slowly going back into her computer for something, Taylor and the rest of the group finally made it in. "I know who you are." She sassed. "They're in room 147. Take whoever is pregnant to the E.R down the hall, they'll get her dressed and ready to go." The lady said, not looking back up at me. The Dad's to be, took Taylor to the E.R. while me, Victoria and Courtney ran down the halls to room 147. And good thing, I brought my slides and not heels or something, this running would've slowed me down and killed my feet.

Once we reached the room, I opened the door. The room was fairly big, half of the room was separated by a curtain. On one half is where Taylor would be giving birth, the other is where two beds stood, containing my gir- Kai and Pete. I slowly walked over with Courtney and Victoria behind me. I sobbed louder when I seen the severity of how they looked. Pete's face was covered in scars, bruises and cuts. His neck appeared to be broken with a cast on top of it, his whole right leg (and foot) broken. His other leg seemed to match his face, bruised, cut and scarred. His torso also seemed to be wrapped, if I could guess, he'd been shot.